very surreal when a tumblr nutcase is someone you know...

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 2:11:49 AM6/27/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to a LiveJournal post in which sunnycamehome2u (sunnycamehome2u) said:
This post was late opening. And it is entirely the fault of Ivan Vorpatril.

I regret nothing.

All the fail_fandomanon Rules: http://fail-fandomanon.livejournal.com/18405.html
The short version: no embeds, don't out people's real names, don't be that much of an asshole, body fluids are off topic, Mods reserve the right to delete the fuck out of stuff. Meme away.

Other posts and resources relevant to your interests:

Flat Meme: http://fail-fandomanon.livejournal.com/35305.html?view=flat
Their reply was:
Subject: very surreal when a tumblr nutcase is someone you know...
No way I'm posting this non-anon. I've been reading that bizarre post on _p about crazy tumblr otherkins and "fictives" and "transethnic" and "transabled" people, and I found something that made my jaw drop.

Apparently there's a tumblr-famous otherkin teenager who now also identifies as "fictive", "transethnic", and as a fucking PEDOPHILE, and I know him. Not IRL know him, but from another board, where he's not letting much of that kind of crazy loose. He comes to me for advice on Paganism, and I've tried to be a good semi-mentory, much older person giving helpful links and suggesting homework. I thought he was a good kid. From a repressive religious family and kind of screwed up with silly adolescent nonsense (he mentioned the otherkin thing, but I thought, you know, seventeen year old and all that, and kids go through phases), kind of isolated, but basically a good kid who would hopefully grow out of it.

But... pedophile. I just, I'm speechless right now. He says, on tumblr (from what I can piece together from a google search about him, I really don't understand how tumblr works very well), ""I'm a fictive who, in previous lives, has been a Deku Scrub and a drow. I am transethnic(Japanese) and andrognous" and ""It really upsets me that people might think of me as "the pedophile/the otherkin". Both of those things are just a part of me. I feel like I'm a Jewish person who people think of as "our Jewish friend" and not "our friend". I mean, I'm not saying..."

I really don't know what the hell to do with that information.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

Read the latest LiveJournal news at http://news.livejournal.com/

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 2:15:15 AM6/27/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to an anonymous comment left in a LiveJournal post. The comment they replied to was:
[...]

I don't think you should condemn someone for having underage kinks (thoughtcrime), I think you should condemn someone if they look in any way, shape or form like acting on it, or endorsing those who do.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 2:21:18 AM6/27/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to an anonymous comment left in a LiveJournal post. The comment they replied to was:
I don't think you should condemn someone for having underage kinks (thoughtcrime), I think you should condemn someone if they look in any way, shape or form like acting on it, or endorsing those who do.
Their reply was:
hope any and all pedophiles are dead idgaf

-a victim of child sexual abuse

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 2:23:35 AM6/27/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to an anonymous comment left in a LiveJournal post. The comment they replied to was:
I don't think you should condemn someone for having underage kinks (thoughtcrime), I think you should condemn someone if they look in any way, shape or form like acting on it, or endorsing those who do.
Their reply was:
AYRT He's apparently admitted to being sexually attracted to IRL children. That, and openly identifying as a pedophile, is a big difference from having a kink for underage in what's clearly fantasy and they know it's just fantasy.

Between that and his "fictive" thing and the "transethnic" thing, I don't think he's very good at the separation between fantasy and reality thing. And by "not very good", I mean there's no separation there for him AT ALL, from the look of it.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 2:23:47 AM6/27/12
[...]

That's so vague (on his part) that it could mean anything. Does he have uncomfortable feelings for someone his own age or slightly younger? Is he acting out previous abuse? Is he trying to be more outsider than anyone ever? Who knows? Maybe you should ask for some clarification and let him know that "pedophile" is a very loaded word.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 2:28:14 AM6/27/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to an anonymous comment left in a LiveJournal post. The comment they replied to was:
That's so vague (on his part) that it could mean anything. Does he have uncomfortable feelings for someone his own age or slightly younger? Is he acting out previous abuse? Is he trying to be more outsider than anyone ever? Who knows? Maybe you should ask for some clarification and let him know that "pedophile" is a very loaded word.
Their reply was:
Apparently he's admitted to sexual attraction for real-life children. I can't find it as a direct quote, but as reblogs of comments about it-- like I said, I can't find my way around tumblr to save my ass.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 2:34:03 AM6/27/12
[...]

God, that situation sounds horrible, and very frustrating since you can't really do anything (not knowing him IRL and all). If I were you, I'd keep an eye on his interactions on the board you know him from, and if you see him befriending anyone you know is very young, kindly warn them. It sounds like he is hanging on to reality by a thread, and it would be a real shame to have a younger child sucked into any kind of inappropriate relationship.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 2:35:47 AM6/27/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to an anonymous comment left in a LiveJournal post. The comment they replied to was:
AYRT He's apparently admitted to being sexually attracted to IRL children. That, and openly identifying as a pedophile, is a big difference from having a kink for underage in what's clearly fantasy and they know it's just fantasy.

Between that and his "fictive" thing and the "transethnic" thing, I don't think he's very good at the separation between fantasy and reality thing. And by "not very good", I mean there's no separation there for him AT ALL, from the look of it.
Their reply was:
AYRT Hmmmmm, I did mean that one having attraction for underage people is okay if it's JUST staying in one's mind - one can't help one's sexuality after all - no matter how squicky, even if there's possibly problematic causes for it - but -

this person sounds dodgy.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 2:51:27 AM6/27/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to an anonymous comment left in a LiveJournal post. The comment they replied to was:
Apparently he's admitted to sexual attraction for real-life children. I can't find it as a direct quote, but as reblogs of comments about it-- like I said, I can't find my way around tumblr to save my ass.
Their reply was:
AYRT He's also distancing himself from it by saying it's a "fictive" or "otherkin" part of himself, so it's really difficult to say what he actually means. If he's admitting sexual attraction to real-life children, you should recommend he gets counselling ASAP, and if he won't, sever contact immediately (since he either thinks it's okay in which case he's dangerous, or it's made up for attention in which case he's an asshole).

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 3:03:40 AM6/27/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to an anonymous comment left in a LiveJournal post. The comment they replied to was:
AYRT He's also distancing himself from it by saying it's a "fictive" or "otherkin" part of himself, so it's really difficult to say what he actually means. If he's admitting sexual attraction to real-life children, you should recommend he gets counselling ASAP, and if he won't, sever contact immediately (since he either thinks it's okay in which case he's dangerous, or it's made up for attention in which case he's an asshole).
Their reply was:
Honestly, I think he doesn't know who the hell he is.

That's actually why this is here, because the board I know him from is fandom-related, and because this is the clearest instance I've seen in a long time of not knowing the line between fantasy and reality and fandom (in the tumblr sense) seems to be egging this on. I've thought tumblr full of silliness, but the blogs I saw were calling out the "tumblr otherkin community" for saying anyone having a problem with this is kinkshaming, and telling him that he should accept who he "really is". I think that community is making what might otherwise be a case of adolescent confusion into something much worse, and seems to be built for enabling people to retreat further into fantasy. Support is a wonderful thing and the internet is good for that, but this seems really dangerous, and not only for the pedophile thing-- although that's far and away the most alarming.

(And yes, I agree. I told him I found this info, and that I think he really needs to get counseling. We'll see what he says.)

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 3:16:51 AM6/27/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to an anonymous comment left in a LiveJournal post. The comment they replied to was:
AYRT Hmmmmm, I did mean that one having attraction for underage people is okay if it's JUST staying in one's mind - one can't help one's sexuality after all - no matter how squicky, even if there's possibly problematic causes for it - but -

this person sounds dodgy.
Their reply was:
NA: I don't know, I don't really think it's okay. Having a non-con kink that you explore in fantasies is one thing and looking at real people and thinking about wanting to rape them is another. It's not actually committing a crime, but I wouldn't call it okay. I think it's a problem. And putting "pedophile" in among his dumb tumblr identity labels like "otherkin" is just... what, does he want that to be normalized? I don't want people who experience this kind of attraction to be sick with shame and self-loathing (thinking of the anon here who is struggling with this), but it's not something to be fucking proud of.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 3:18:52 AM6/27/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to an anonymous comment left in a LiveJournal post. The comment they replied to was:
AYRT He's apparently admitted to being sexually attracted to IRL children. That, and openly identifying as a pedophile, is a big difference from having a kink for underage in what's clearly fantasy and they know it's just fantasy.

Between that and his "fictive" thing and the "transethnic" thing, I don't think he's very good at the separation between fantasy and reality thing. And by "not very good", I mean there's no separation there for him AT ALL, from the look of it.
Their reply was:
The only thing you can do is to press on him that if he acts on his attraction to real children that he's hurting them. That no matter how much he might find them sexually attractive, and no matter how much he wants to believe they want him, too, they don't. If he starts seeing things in their behavior that makes him think that maybe, just maybe, they might like to have sex, he's to distrust it. They don't. It's all projection. Not only don't they want to have sex, but if he manages to convince them to have sex, it will screw up their lives in ways that will take years and years to recover from.

He has the power to be a terrible person or a decent person. It's his choice. Encourage him to be a decent person. As screwed up as he feels his life is, he doesn't need to pass that pain on to someone else.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 3:21:45 AM6/27/12
[...]

AYRT That's a nasty situation but it's hardly just tumblr that encourages that kind of behaviour! There's been people like both the poster and the encouragers online since Usenet days at least.

If you're willing to be the voice of sanity, that's a good thing, but expect to be pushed away. If he really does want help, now or later, he'll have at least one person to contact. Let him know that you're there for him but that the "pedophile" claim is a serious issue, because it is. And if he's not willing to deal with it (either by retracting or by seeking help), you can't be his friend.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 3:24:06 AM6/27/12
[...]

I hope he listens, but fear he'll just accuse you of hating him or whatever. I just really, really hope that you hold enough authority in his head to get him to get some mental health care. But if he doesn't do it? It is really not your fault. Where are all the adults in his real life while he's getting into this shit?

Alternatively, maybe he'll be dumb enough to get busted for CP while he's still a juvenile and might get care rather than condemnation.

I was reading that tumblr yesterday, and it just looked like a trainwreck waiting to happen; no internal or external bullshitometer, lots of potentially drama-gasmic kinks, and some serious reality deficiency.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 4:04:40 AM6/27/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to an anonymous comment left in a LiveJournal post. The comment they replied to was:
AYRT That's a nasty situation but it's hardly just tumblr that encourages that kind of behaviour! There's been people like both the poster and the encouragers online since Usenet days at least.

If you're willing to be the voice of sanity, that's a good thing, but expect to be pushed away. If he really does want help, now or later, he'll have at least one person to contact. Let him know that you're there for him but that the "pedophile" claim is a serious issue, because it is. And if he's not willing to deal with it (either by retracting or by seeking help), you can't be his friend.
Their reply was:
Argh. Yeah, intellectually I know that there have always been enabling spaces (soulbonding comms, that FF7 house cult thing), I'm just really shocked and frustrated about the whole thing.

I'd heard mention of some otherkin pedophile on tumblr, I was not in any way prepared to see that name associated with it.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 4:13:21 AM6/27/12
[...]

I don't have that much authority in his head, that much is really obvious now that I see all the shit he's into that he was keeping mum about over there. I can see why he'd shut up about it around me, though, I've never been one to be quiet about calling bullshit on bullshit. Usually with links to actual good information, but still-- up to now, though, it's been over bad history info and the usual kind of newbie-fluffy pagan crap, not, well, something like this. I've put a lot of hours into helping that kid, I was so not prepared to run across this.

And i don't have a clue in hell where the adults are, they obviously don't know what he's doing online, or how badly he seems to be self-destructing. According to one thing I saw on his tmblr, he got taken out of school and has been doing the last year of schoolwork remotely. I don't know what that's about, but if counseling isn't part of it, someone's failing him badly.

(And I know it's not my fault if he doesn't listen, it just frustrates me because it's obvious he needs help he's not getting. Not only for his sake, but for that of any younger kids around him. Like you said, some serious reality deficiency.)

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 7:13:16 AM6/27/12
[...]

Oh wow.

I mean, I agree to some extent with the "how we talk about pedophiles is not productive when it comes to convincing them to seek help" stuff. Child molesting is awful, but somebody who does have those awful impulses can control them and if they never molest a child ever, they're not a monster, they're just someone who had a heavy cross to bear and who chose not to be a monster. I hate the idea of telling people they're going to be monsters no matter what, because I don't want anybody who struggles with attraction to children to have that excuse. Actions matter more than proclivities.

But I don't think that should be something that's celebrated as an identity or anything. Especially because if this person is young, there's a chance that they might not turn out to be exclusively into kids, and if somebody has any way to channel their attraction towards consenting adults at all, then that person is going to have a much easier life. And then turning it into an oppressed identity is going to make it a lot harder to keep that distinction that attraction toward children is a destructive impulse that needs to be controlled, not just another way for people to be.

I don't think there's any way to help your friend, though. They're probably surrounded by people who have the exact same opinions as them, and nothing's going to get through to someone when there's always another person on hand to tell them what they want to hear. I had a tumblr nutcase friend too. I wish I'd have been able to stand up to them and tell them that what they were doing was wrong, but they were a really intimidating person and I doubt there was much I could have done anyway.

Sorry you're dealing with this.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 8:55:12 AM6/27/12
[...]

Good on you for contacting him calmly and suggesting counselling. I wouldn't expect anything much from his response, but at least you've done what you can.

I had a look at his Tumblr, and it all seemed so ridiculous that if someone said it was a troll blog where's he knows he's making everything up, I might believe them. But assuming he believes that to some extent, then he has serious problems.

While looking at his Tumblr, I found some stuff about him believing a classmate of his is the reincarnation of his former slave in his previous life as a drow, and it was...very creepy. "We loved each other, and she was completely submissive to me. Currently, she doesn’t remember anything about that, and I don’t mind. I can’t stress that enough. I’m fine with her not remembering. That was then, this is now. If she does, great, but I’m okay with her not knowing or being subservient to me again." CREEPY.

This guy could use some help with real life and fictional boundaries. If the people he hangs with in otherkin or whatever groups are enabling all this, that's only going to make things worse.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 9:18:56 AM6/27/12
[...]

I'm glad you recommended counciling, but I think you should also give a heads up to the mods of your other board. They can more closely monitor him and step in if pedofantasy becomes reality.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 9:07:20 AM6/27/12
[...]

I think I know exactly who you're talking about (Jesus, I hope there's not more than one person like this). I mostly know of him through Something Awful, so obviously I've seen a lot of people pointing and shrieking at him. But from the sounds of things, he has a very loose grasp on the differences between fantasy and reality. He honestly sounds mentally ill, TBH.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 12:57:48 PM6/27/12
[...]

Idk, if he's hiding stuff from you he probably DOES see you as an authority figure.

The state I lived in until recently has instituted a program for remote junior high, and I assume high school too. I heard about it from a friend whose child was doing a year of junior high online due to having ADHD - the kid focused a lot better by doing work remotely with a parent checking in on her every so often. So it could be a situation like that. Or it could be that he got suspended due to a behavior issue. You've got to wonder.

I'm a pagan too, so I know the kind of fluffy crap you mean, but seeing it come hand in hand with obvious mental health problems is unpleasant. :(

Uh, just looking at the porn he reblogs on his tumblr, he's clearly not purely interested in prepubescents, so maybe he's just claiming the label of 'pedophile' to get attention and maybe validation regarding his edginess.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 1:37:19 PM6/27/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to an anonymous comment left in a LiveJournal post. The comment they replied to was:
I don't think you should condemn someone for having underage kinks (thoughtcrime), I think you should condemn someone if they look in any way, shape or form like acting on it, or endorsing those who do.
Their reply was:
I wouldn't condemn someone from writing underage fic but lusting after real life kids is totally different and not okay for me even if it stays a thoughtcrime. Someone listing it as an depictor on tumblr is alarming to say the least. If you(general you) have serious pedophilic impulses toward real kids you need therapy or at the very least not to be in contact with children. Talking about it like it's completely neutral comes too close to endorsing it to me.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 1:50:40 PM6/27/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to an anonymous comment left in a LiveJournal post. The comment they replied to was:
I wouldn't condemn someone from writing underage fic but lusting after real life kids is totally different and not okay for me even if it stays a thoughtcrime. Someone listing it as an depictor on tumblr is alarming to say the least. If you(general you) have serious pedophilic impulses toward real kids you need therapy or at the very least not to be in contact with children. Talking about it like it's completely neutral comes too close to endorsing it to me.
Their reply was:
Plus 1.

Also if he is expressing it openly he might be readying himself to escalate the behavior. If he already hasn't.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 2:21:09 PM6/27/12
[...]

Yeah, that made all the hairs go up on the back of my neck, too. Projecting that kind of thing, where you draw a real person into your delusions, is pretty scary. I know he says he's okay with her "not remembering" and not "being subservient," and I hope to hell it stays that way, but if I had a way, I'd be telling the girl to stay away from this kid and protect herself.

Because this is the kind of thing that escalates really easily. Even if he continues to believe that it's "okay" that she "doesn't remember," I would worry that someone with this level of projected fantasy might take small gestures as indicating that she's "remembering" and thus it's okay to push her.

Brrr.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 2:52:52 PM6/27/12
[...]

I can't help but be creeped out by the implication that...well, in order to come to the conclusion that he's "okay" with her not remembering or not being subservient to him again, he would first need to actually be asking himself the question of "am I okay with her not knowing and not being subservient?". And he thinks it would be great if she did ~remember~ and was subservient again. This may be the effect of the creepiness of the whole thing talking, but it reads as sort of entitled, that he has to say he "doesn't mind" and is "okay" with her not being his subservient slave again.

I hope that girl has already picked up on the creep vibes and is staying away from him entirely. Or better, that that girl doesn't even exist in the first place.

Because this is the kind of thing that escalates really easily.

Yeah...And it makes me worry about any children he might have access to, as well, what with him saying he's a paedophile. He's got a fantasy/real life boundary problem with this girl, and if there's a chance he might have that shift in a bad way in regard to her, there's a worry the same could happen with kids.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 10:56:09 PM6/27/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to an anonymous comment left in a LiveJournal post. The comment they replied to was:
NA: I don't know, I don't really think it's okay. Having a non-con kink that you explore in fantasies is one thing and looking at real people and thinking about wanting to rape them is another. It's not actually committing a crime, but I wouldn't call it okay. I think it's a problem. And putting "pedophile" in among his dumb tumblr identity labels like "otherkin" is just... what, does he want that to be normalized? I don't want people who experience this kind of attraction to be sick with shame and self-loathing (thinking of the anon here who is struggling with this), but it's not something to be fucking proud of.
Their reply was:
AYRT

But if someone is feeling attraction to underage people, how can they help it? They can't, not easily. What matters is how they deal with it.

When I say "okay", I mean, in and of itself, thought is not a crime.

The way this person appears to be dealing with it looks as if their attractions could spill over into reality. Or, that the way they talk about it could endorse it as "great" and "proud" in other people's minds. Because underage folk are so vulnerable to sexual predation, it is especially something not to endorse.

I'm a dominant & sadist. I also, unrelated, feel a lot of rage due to life shit. I sometimes look at IRL people and get non-con urges, you know? I can't help this, but I know firmly that this is kneejerk or fantasy & would be utterly utterly reprehensible as an actual act. I don't blog about it like I'm proud of it, or give anyone else the idea that they should be. It's really not. I'm responsible about it. But what, you'd lock me up (so meek and shy IRL!) for having these thoughts I can't help?

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 10:59:28 PM6/27/12
[...]

SA Yes, therapy is fabulous. I also refuse to believe I'm broken, or at all unusual. I'm deeply moral, and am an activist IRL.

Dunno about this otherkin person though, side-eyeing them from your description so hard right now.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 27, 2012, 11:08:07 PM6/27/12
[...]

DA

While I don't think you should be locked up or punished for your thoughts, I do not want to read or hear about them, and if it were me having those thoughts, I would do everything in my power to stop it. It makes me want to throw up to know that there are people walking around in my everyday life looking at me and not thinking 'that girl is hot' or 'I want to have sex with her' but 'I want to *rape* that girl'. And unless I'm misunderstanding you completely, that's what you're saying you do. Why would you feel a need to share that?

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 28, 2012, 4:21:21 AM6/28/12
[...]

AYRT ty, anon, I really hadn't thought of it that way (re:authority figure), but I think you're right.

I laid out, in detail, why I'm concerned about what he's doing. He didn't lash out, so I'm hoping it's not an in-one-ear-out-the-other kind of thing. He did at least see my point that using "pedophile" as just a random identifier is massively triggering to people who've been molested by one, so that's something, at least.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 28, 2012, 4:34:45 AM6/28/12
[...]

Thread OP

TY for this, because I hadn't seen that before you mentioned it. I laid out point for point what's worrying me about what he's doing and why I think it's unhealthy, and I talked about this incident. I told him that fantasies are fantasies, but when you start involving RL people in them and talking about it where that person may see it, your boundaries aren't healthy and it's, well, creepy as fuck and if I were her I'd be terrified of him.

I don't know how much he heard and internalized what I said. I know I got through to him that using "pedophile" as just another identifier is triggering to CSA survivors, so that's something. I know what my impression of him was before I read all this, but now I just don't know what to think. At the very least, though, he's had an adult he respects show care and concern, refuse to enable this kind of behavior and call it out as unhealthy. I've given him something to think about, at least.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 28, 2012, 1:38:15 PM6/28/12
[...]

OP nonnie, I just got linked to this discussion of the TVTropes pedo problem and oh my look who is here defending his right to identify as a pedo; http://itjustbugsme.com/forums/discussion/comment/249977#Comment_249977

It's a pretty calm discussion given the subject matter but the 'i can't seek therapy because my last therapist was bad' is kind of worrying.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 28, 2012, 1:49:17 PM6/28/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to an anonymous comment left in a LiveJournal post. The comment they replied to was:
OP nonnie, I just got linked to this discussion of the TVTropes pedo problem and oh my look who is here defending his right to identify as a pedo; http://itjustbugsme.com/forums/discussion/comment/249977#Comment_249977

It's a pretty calm discussion given the subject matter but the 'i can't seek therapy because my last therapist was bad' is kind of worrying.
Their reply was:
da

It's good that the discussion didn't get too heated, because the people on that forum are saying sensible things.

But reading through all that, man, I hope that guy gets a good therapist and fast. Doesn't look as if he will.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 28, 2012, 2:00:46 PM6/28/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to an anonymous comment left in a LiveJournal post. The comment they replied to was:
da

It's good that the discussion didn't get too heated, because the people on that forum are saying sensible things.

But reading through all that, man, I hope that guy gets a good therapist and fast. Doesn't look as if he will.
Their reply was:
Does he actually believe this or is he just trying for 'extremely edgy young man'?

I mean, the stuff he's saying is downright ridiculous in terms of shit like 'can we just move past this enormous criminal bombshell I've dropped on all of you?' Seriously?

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 28, 2012, 2:07:01 PM6/28/12
[...]

"I would never have mentioned it if I knew people would be so upset. I'm sorry."

Are you sure this loser isn't trolling the everliving fuck out of everyone? The fact that he keeps saying he'll go away and doesn't and then repeats how sorry he is that he wants to fuck children just sets off my troll radar in a huge fucking way.

Either way I'd ban him from everything just because he's clearly got one sort of problem or another.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 28, 2012, 2:14:13 PM6/28/12
to sockg...@hotmail.com
Somebody replied to an anonymous comment left in a LiveJournal post. The comment they replied to was:
Does he actually believe this or is he just trying for 'extremely edgy young man'?

I mean, the stuff he's saying is downright ridiculous in terms of shit like 'can we just move past this enormous criminal bombshell I've dropped on all of you?' Seriously?
Their reply was:
He keeps getting banned for it. I mean, he was banned from TV Tropes, and then he got banned from that forum in the link above. It seems odd if he actually wants to be accepted in those places.

So...I think there are maybe three possibilities, or a combo thereof.

1) He's trying to be edgy or trolly and doesn't care about being banned
2) He's looking for somewhere which will validate him
3) He's messed up and doesn't always understand the consequences of what he's saying. Like with the stuff about how he would never have sex with a loli unless he was transported to a planet where that was normal, but he would date them, and how he claims to see all people as fictional. But also he says he's got his problems all totally under control!

Even if he's trolling, trolling in so many places about this topic is indicative of a problem of some sort in itself. I mean, what sort of person would go around self-identifying as a paedophile everywhere if they weren't one? Somebody who probably needs some help. But my gut feeling he's at least partially genuine, at least on the problems with seeing reality as fiction.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 28, 2012, 2:25:00 PM6/28/12
[...]

I totally agree with you in that the mere fact that he can't or won't shut up about this is indicative of a greater problem. In a way, he reminds me of that soulbonding girl who described all her WOW's at TvTropes for a while and then eventually people got sick of her particular brand of goof and she moved on to other, greener pastures.

I just have such a hard time believing that he's actually a pedophile. I keep seeing him as some idiot 13-year old who read too much in the echo chamber that is the internet and thought that he would edgily stride in where no man had gone before, or some shit. It's just too trolly for me to imagine otherwise.

Either way he needs to be seeing a real shrink. This is another reason I hate TvTropes. It attracts a lot of people who can't separate fantasy from reality to begin with, and then other people egg them on those belief systems. It happens all over the net, yes, but I've seen a lot of it come out of that site.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message:

LiveJournal Comment

Jun 28, 2012, 2:44:31 PM6/28/12
[...]

Oh god this keeps getting better and better, doesn't it? Good grief.

To me it sounds like the fantasy/reality issue is the real underlying problem. It seems like he's living 100% in a fantasy world and trying to pull RL people into it, and he really, really needs to get help, stat. I don't think he's trolling, I think he believes what he's saying, I'm just not sure he understands what he's saying. It seems like he gets attached to something fictional that he sees, and feels compelled to say that's his "identity". He likes drow, therefore he was one in a past life. He likes Japanese things, therefore he's "transethnic". He likes loli anime/manga, therefore he's a pedophile. It's frustrating as *fuck* to watch someone I thought was only a hedge messed up be this bad off-- not only for him, but for the people around him.

I did what I could, he's got at least one adult he respects (I think) refusing to rubber-stamp his bullshit. idk if it'll mean anything in the end, but I tried.

From here, you can: If your mail client supports it, you can also reply here:

Message: