[aimsl] SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Karl van Meter

Aug 16, 2021, 3:49:08 AM8/16/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - Full Professor or Assistant Tenure Track Professor in
Quantitative Methods Sociology (Univ of Neuchâtel CH)

Call - PhD in New Methods & Perspectives on Demographic Indicators (Free
University Brussels, BE)

Call - RC33 Online Conference Program & Registration Information (7-10
Sep)

Meeting - European Sociological Association 2021 Conf & Sessions
"Quantitative Methods" - RN21 (31 Aug-3 Sep, Barcelona ES)

Book - Film Sociology (Sociologie filmique)

For a full year, you can join or remain on the BMS-RC33 list for 10
euros paid to the AIMS by Visa or Masters. That can be done by emailing
to bms-...@orange.fr your name, card number, expiration date and
security code. If you are worried about Internet security, send that
information in two or three separate emails.

Pour toute une année, vous pouvez rejoindre ou rester sur la liste
BMS-RC33 pour 10 euros versés aux AIMS par carte Visa ou Master. Cela
peut se faire en envoyant un courriel à bms-...@orange.fr avec votre
nom, votre numéro de carte, date d'expiration et le code de sécurité. Si
vous êtes inquiet pour la sécurité sur Internet, envoyer ces
informations dans deux ou trois emails séparés.

>> Consider submitting your methodologically interesting articles to the
>> BMS <<
>> Soumettez vos articles méthodologiquement intéressants au BMS
<<
bms.e...@gmail.com
*
* Karl M. van Meter BMS, Bulletin de Methodologie
Sociologique
* karl.v...@ens.fr (Bulletin of Sociological Methodology)
* tel 33 (0)1 43 25 26 57 Web
http://journals.sagepub.com/home/bms
* Blog http://karlvanmeter.wordpress.com/
* Ecole normale supérieure distribution list
bms-...@services.cnrs.fr
* 48 boulevard Jourdan free distribution list
ai...@services.cnrs.fr
* 75014 Paris, France
* RC33, Research Committee Logic &
* BMS-AIMS Methodology of the International
* 45 rue Sociological Association (ISA)
* 75005 Paris, France http://www.rc33.org/
*
* https://scholar.google.fr/citations?view_op=
* search_authors&mauthors=karl+van+meter&hl=fr&oi=ao

Karl van Meter

Aug 16, 2021, 3:49:55 AM8/16/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Online Meeting - RC33 Online Conference Program & Registration
Information (7-10 Sep)

Call - PhD-candidate Dept of Methodology & Statistics (Tilburg Univ, NL)

Call - Two Long Term Covid-19 Doctoral Research Positions (Univ
Bielefeld, DE)

Call - GESIS Fall Seminar in Computational Social Science (13 Sep-1 Oct,
GESIS DE)

Online Meeting - SMUS Conference & 1st RC33 Regional Conference -
Africa: Botswana (23-25 Sep)

Karl van Meter

Aug 20, 2021, 1:28:16 AM8/20/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Online Meeting - First RC33 Awards for Best Paper & Best Paper by a
Young Scholar (10 Sep)

Meeting - Fifth European Conference on Social Networks (7-10 Sep,
Naples IT)

Meeting - Populism, Protest & New Forms of Political Organization: Ten
Years after the Movements of the Squares (8-10 Sep, Berlin DE))

Call - Doctoral & Postdoctoral Researchers in
Sociology/Demography/Economics (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, DE)

Call - Seven New Social Network Doctoral Positions (Florence, IT)

Karl van Meter

Aug 26, 2021, 5:19:57 PM8/26/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - 10th Interna Conf on Complex Networks & Applications (30 Nov-2
Dec, Madrid ES)

Meeting - Annual Conference of Experimental Sociology (15-17 Sep, Ascona
CH)

Online Courses - Web Data Collection & Natural Language Processing in
Python (20-24 September)

Online Workshop - Introduction to German Family Panel (PairFam) (23-24
Sep)

Report - Why does the UK still have a gender pay gap?

Karl van Meter

Sep 2, 2021, 5:44:21 PM9/2/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Meeting - ECSR Thematic Workshop "Technological Change, Digitalization &
Life Course Inequalities" (20-21 Sep, Bremen DE)

Call - Józef Tischner Junior Visiting Fellowships 2022 (,Inst for Human
Sciences, Vienna AT)

Meeting - 1st Internat & Interdisciplinary Conf on Spatial Methods” &
“1st RC33 Regional Conf – Africa” (23-26 Sep, Gaborone, Botswana)

Call - PostDoc in WorkLife Project (INED, Paris FR)

Call - Studies in Qualitative Methodology

Karl van Meter

Sep 9, 2021, 6:11:36 AM9/9/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

FALL 2021 RC33 NEWSLETTER

Call - Social Networks - 2 Postdoc & 1 PhD Student Positions (Barcelona
ES)

Call - Social Network PhD or a Post-Doctoral Candidate (Osnabrück Univ
DE)

Meeting - General Online Research 2021 (8-10 Sep, Berlin DE)

Call - Research Associate in Sociology with a Focus on Quantitative
Methods (UNIL Lausanne CH)

Karl van Meter

Sep 16, 2021, 10:53:21 AM9/16/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Research Group "Work and Care"
(Berlin Social Science Center - WZB)

Call - II Trento School of Applied Quantitative Research (24-26 Nov,
Trento IT)

Call - Two Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellowships in Sociology
(Nuffield College, Oxford GB)

Data - German Emigration & Remigration Panel Study Second Wave

Online Workshop - DZHW Workshop on Methodological Innovations in
Research on Spatial Mobility (27-28 Sep, by DZHW Hannover DE)

Karl van Meter

Sep 24, 2021, 1:06:07 AM9/24/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - Assistant Professor in Quantitative Research Methods (London
School of Economics GB)

Online Meeting - ECSR Annual General Conference 2021 (7–8 Oct)

Call - Special Issue _methods, data, analyses_ (mda) on Recent
Developments & Current Approaches to the Analysis of Panel Data

Online Meeting - How Qualitative Network Analysis can offer new
opportunities in transnational migration research (7 Oct)

Call - International Journal of Social Research Methodology

Karl van Meter

Sep 30, 2021, 6:12:16 PM9/30/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - Associate Professor in Computational Social Science (London
School of Economics GB)

Call - PhD/PostDoc Position (3 years, 75%) in Social Network Analysis
(Osnabrück Univ. DE)

Call - Special Issue on “Recent Methodological Advances in Panel Data
Collection, Analysis & Application“ (Survey Research Methods)

Journal - Pew Research Center's "Methods" Journal - Panel Conditioning
in Survey Research

Karl van Meter

Oct 7, 2021, 8:29:41 AM10/7/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - EUROLAB 2022 Grants (GESIS DE)

Call - INSEE Statistical Methodology Conference (March 2022, Paris)

Journal - French Yellow Jackets & the National Debate (Sciences Po &
"Statistique et société") francais

Call - Faculty Position in Social Demography (Johns Hopkins Univ, USA)

Journal - Pew Research Center's "Methods" Quarterly

Karl van Meter

Oct 15, 2021, 6:01:07 AM10/15/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Journal - Bulletin of Sociological Methodology/Bulletin de Méthodologie
Sociologique, N. 152, October 2021

Meeting - VIII Swiss Festival of Qualitative Methods: The Qualitative in
Health (4-5 Nov, Fribourg CH) francais

Call - Special Issue on Recent Advances in Data Integration (JSSAM)

Call - Zoom Session on Societal Complexity & Simulation (15 Nov)

Call - Workshop on Covid Crisis Discourse at Crisis Discourse Blog

Karl van Meter

Oct 21, 2021, 1:48:52 PM10/21/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Article - What is democracy? How do we define it? How do we measure it?

Online Meeting - RC20 - RC33 Joint Conf 2022 (12-16 Sep, from Japan
Women’s Univ, Tokyo JP)

Centre - Irish Social Science Data Archive, TILDA COVID-19 Dataset Now
Available

Call - 12th Winter School on Longitudinal Social Network Analysis (8-11
Feb, Norrköping SE)

Online Meeting - Call - XIII Annual European Data Documentation
Initiative (DDI) User Conference (EDDI21, 30 Nov-1 Dec)

Karl van Meter

Oct 29, 2021, 12:48:55 AM10/29/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - 2021 Fyssen International Prize - "Evolutions towards Human
Cognition"

Call - Corporate Elites & Business Communities (Revue Française de
Sociologie)

Call - Visiting Researchers Program - Max Planck Institute for the Study
of Societies (Cologne DE)

Call - VII Pairfam Interdisciplinary International Conference (11-13
May, Munich DE)

Online Meeting - World Association for Public Opinion Research (WAPOR)
74th annual conference (2-6 Nov, online)

Karl van Meter

Nov 4, 2021, 2:39:32 PM11/4/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - Two Positions in Qualitative Methods & Sociology of Migrations
(Univ de Montreal CA)

Call - Winter Workshop on Complex Systems 2022 (24-28 Jan, Besançon FR)

Meeting - II Trento School of Applied Quantitative Research (24-26 Nov,
Trento IT)

Call - General Online Research (GOR 22) Thesis Award (16-18 Mar, HTW
Berlin DE)

Report - How & Why Does the Mode of Data Collection Affect Consent to
Data Linkage

Karl van Meter

Nov 12, 2021, 11:12:46 AM11/12/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Sociology (Univ of Hong Kong
CN)

Call - Winter Workshop on Complex Systems - WWCS (24-28 Jan, Besançon
FR)

Meeting - 10th Internat Conf on Complex Networks & Applications (30
Nov-2 Dec, Madrid ES)

Call - London School of Economics 2 Department of Social Policy Posts

Meeting - Introduction to Understanding Society using Stata/SPSS/R/SAS
(ISER Univ of Essex GB)

Karl van Meter

Nov 18, 2021, 6:05:14 PM11/18/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - Lectureship in Network Science (Univ of Greenwich, London GB)

Call - General Online Research 2022 (16-18 Mar, Berlin DE)

Meeting - (Re)Contextualising the Discursive Construction of Europe
(25-26 Nov, Nicosia CY)

Call - In_equality Conference 2022 (6-8 Apr, Konstanz DE)

Call - Issues & Perspectives in the Study of Social Movement Impacts (27
May, Geneva CH)

Meeting - 2nd Summer School on Methods for Computational Social Science
- Textual Data (30 Jul-4 Aug, Los Angeles)

Karl van Meter

Nov 26, 2021, 1:09:46 PM11/26/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - PhD Position in Educational Science or Sociology (Univ of Bern
CH)

Meeting - 8th World Congress of the International Microsimulation
Association (1-3 Dec, online)

Meeting - Understanding Society's People & Places (ISER Univ of Essex
GB)

Call - GESIS Spring Seminar 2022: Simulation Techniques in the Social
Sciences (07-25 March 2022)

Call - MethodsNET: Konstanz Methods Excellence Workshops (10-18 Mar,
Konstanz DE)

Karl van Meter

Dec 3, 2021, 2:02:04 AM12/3/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Meeting - Interdisciplinary School in Tools & Methods - EIOM (3-8 Jan,
Laval CA)

Call - Joint RC20 "Comparative Sociology" & RC33 "Social Science
Methodology" Conf (12-16 Sep, Tokyo JP)

Meeting - Winter Workshop on Complex Systems - WWCS (24-28 Jan, Besançon
FR)

Call - Structures over Time - Relational Dynamics in European Societies
and Beyond (22-24 Jun, St. Petersburg RU)

Call - Checking the Fact-Checkers: A Global Perspective (18-19 Jul, Hong
Kong Baptist Univ CN)

Karl van Meter

Dec 9, 2021, 11:41:20 AM12/9/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - Public Opinion Quarterly special issue on Augmenting Surveys with
Contextual Data

Call - European Consortium for Sociological Research (ECSR) Conf (6-8
Jul, Amsterdam NL)

Call - Research Data & Methods for Digitaliziation Research -
Predoc/postdoc, 75% working time, five years (Bochum DE)

Article - ESR Best Article of the Year Prize - ‘Cologne Changed
Everything’—The Effect of Threatening Events on the Frequency and
Distribution of Intergroup Conflict in Germany

Report - Methodological Lessons from the Pilot Longitudinal Survey on
Debt Advice (ISER)

Karl van Meter

Dec 17, 2021, 3:05:51 AM12/17/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - European Consortium for Sociological Research (ECSR) Annual
Conference (6-8 Jul, Amsterdam NL)

Call - Joint RC20 "Comparative Sociology" & RC33 "Social Science
Methodology" Conf (12-16 Sep, Tokyo JP)

Meeting - Formation méthodes (EIOM) Québec, 3-8 janvier 2022

Call - Courses in Structural Equation Modelling & Cross-cultural
Comparative Survey Research (16-25 Feb, from Barcelona ES)

Call - Second Virtual GESIS Spring Seminar - "Simulation Techniques in
the Social Sciences" (7-25 Mar, from Cologne DE)

Karl van Meter

Dec 23, 2021, 1:55:02 PM12/23/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

BMS/RC33 - Seasons Greetings - Meilleurs voeux 2022

Call - Social Inequalities & New Meanings of Work in the Digital Age
(19-20 May, Lublin PL)

Call - How Qualitative Data Analysis Happens: Moving Beyond “Themes
Emerged”

Call - 2022 International Conference on Method Triangulation:
Implications for Social Science Research (18-19 Aug, Academia Sinica,
Taiwan)

Report - ECSR Prize for Best PhD Thesis - Cracking Meritocracy from the
Starting Gate: Social Inequality in Skill Formation & School Choice

Karl van Meter

Dec 31, 2021, 4:51:05 AM12/31/21
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - Focus Groups [Schwerpunktgruppen] Proposals at the
Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin

Call - RC20 - RC33 Joint Conf 2022 (12-16 Sep, from Japan Women’s Univ,
Tokyo JP)

Call - Four-year PhD Position in Sociology (Univ of Bern CH)

Call - Post-doc CSS & Mobility Networks on "Large Scale Data & Field
Reserach" w Mario Small (Univ Bremen DE)

Report - Beyond Red vs. Blue: The Political Typology (Pew Research)

Karl van Meter

Jan 7, 2022, 1:27:50 AM1/7/22
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - Critical Approaches to Discourse Analysis Across Disciplines -
CADAAD (6-8 Jul, Bergamo IT)

Down Call - Digital Research Data & Human Sciences - Diversity of
Methods & Materials (1-3 Dec, Jyväskylä FI)

Call - 2022 Interna Conf on Social Media & Society (18-19 Jul, from
Ryerson Uinv )

Call - Research Fellow in Survey Methodology (Univ of Southampton GB)

Report - The impact of day of mailing on web survey response rate and
response speed

Karl van Meter

Jan 13, 2022, 3:44:15 PM1/13/22
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - 2 Postdocs at the Interna Inequalities Inst (London School of
Economics GB)

Call - 2nd Interna & Interdisciplinary Spatial Methods Conf for Urban
Sustainability & First RC33 Regional Conf Latin America: Brazil (8-10
Sep)

Call - 14th Interna German Socio-Economic Panel User Conf (30 Jun-1 Jul,
Berlin DE)

Call - Postdoctoral Program in Political Economy & Economic Sociology
(Max Planck Institute, Cologne DE)

Article - "Personality as a Predictor of Unit Nonresponse in an Internet
Panel"

Karl van Meter

Jan 20, 2022, 12:33:15 PM1/20/22
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Book - Complex Networks 2021 Proceedings (avaliable for Free Download)

Call - 10 Post-doctoral Fellows at the École des Hautes Études en
Sciences Sociales (EHESS, Paris)

Call - European Consortium for Sociological Research (ECSR) Prize 2022
for the Best PhD Thesis

Call - Sunbelt 2022 Social Networks Conference (12-16 Jul, Cairns AU)

Call - SocioTechNet Session at Sunbelt 2022 (12-16 Jul, Cairns AU)

Karl van Meter

Jan 27, 2022, 3:06:14 PM1/27/22
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Journal - BMS, N. 153, Jan 2022 - Special issue. Investigating gender
today/Enquêter sur le genre aujourd′hui

Call - General Online Research Postponement of Conf (7-9 Sep, Berlin DE)

Call - Network Ecology: Tie formation in context(s) at Sunbelt (12-16
Jul, Cairn AU)

Call - ACM Web Science Conference, #WebSci22 (27-30 Jun, Barcelona +
Online)

Call - Checking the Fact-Checkers: A Global Perspective (18-19 Jul, Hong
Kong Baptist Univ CN)

For a full year, you can join or remain on the BMS-RC33 list for 10
euros paid to the AIMS by Visa or Masters. That can be done by emailing
to bms-...@orange.fr your name, card number, expiration date and
security code. If you are worried about Internet security, send that
information in two or three separate emails.

Pour toute une année, vous pouvez rejoindre ou rester sur la liste
BMS-RC33 pour 10 euros versés aux AIMS par carte Visa ou Master. Cela
peut se faire en envoyant un courriel à bms-...@orange.fr avec votre
nom, votre numéro de carte, date d'expiration et le code de sécurité. Si
vous êtes inquiet pour la sécurité sur Internet, envoyer ces
informations dans deux ou trois emails séparés.

>> Consider submitting your methodologically interesting articles to the
>> BMS <<
>> Soumettez vos articles méthodologiquement intéressants au BMS
<<
https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/thebms

Karl van Meter

Feb 4, 2022, 5:28:38 AM2/4/22
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Articles - Two Online Firt "BMS" Articles: Income and Diploma
Inequalities; Music, Facebook and Survey Data

Call - Data to Improve our World - International Data Week’s SciDataCon
(20-23 Jun, Seoul, Republic of Korea

Call - Ad-Astra Fellows/Assistant Professors in the School of Sociology
(Univ College, Dublin IE)

Call - Full-time Professorship in Information & Communication - courses
in FR and EN (Univ Saint-Louis, Bruxelles BE)

Book - Research Handbook on Analytical Sociology (Edward Elgar Co.)

Karl van Meter

Feb 10, 2022, 11:40:07 AM2/10/22
to ai...@services.cnrs.fr

SENT TODAY ON BMS-RC33

Call - Bureaucracies of Displacement - ASA Annual Meeting (5-9 Aug, Los
Angeles CA)

Call - Spring School on Geography, Mobility & Social Stratification
(21-25 Mar, Milan/Turin IT)

Call - 14th Association of Computer Machinery (ACM) Web Science Conf
(26-29 Jun, from Barcelona ES)

Call - Sunbelt Network Session on Collective Actions and Social
Movements

Article - "What Works, What Doesn’t? Three Studies Designed to Improve
Survey Response"