[aimsl] Call - Junior Professorship in Survey Methodology (Leibniz Univ, Hannover DE)

Karl van Meter

Jun 23, 2022, 4:34:54 PM6/23/22
to bms-...@services.cnrs.fr, cmh-...@ens.fr, ai...@services.cnrs.fr, jung...@dzhw.eu
>> Consider submitting your methodologically interesting articles to the
>> BMS <<
>> Soumettez vos articles méthodologiquement intéressants au BMS
<<
https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/thebms

Deadline: 30 June 2022

Junior Professorship Survey Methodology, Hannover, Germany

For detailed information see below or at
https://www.uni-hannover.de/en/jobs/5253

-----

Junior Professorship (m/f/d) in the field of Surveymethodology

We strive for universality, diversity and interdisciplinarity. With more
than 30,000 students, three Clusters of Excellence, 5,000 members of
staff, over 150 institutes and an outstanding infrastructure, Leibniz
University Hannover offers an innovative environment for top-level
education and research in a comprehensive range of subjects.

At the Institute of Sociology of the Faculty of Humanities of Leibniz
University Hannover, the following position of Salary Scale W1 NBesO is
to be filled as soon as possible within the framework of an agreement on
a joint appointment between the Deutsches Zentrum für Hochschul- und
Wissenschaftsforschung GmbH (DZHW) in Hannover and Leibniz University
Hannover: Junior Professorship (m/f/d) in the field of Surveymethodology

The position is limited to three years with a renewal option for a
further three years.

The Position

The focus of the research activity of the junior professorship is
located in the department "Methods and Infrastructure" of the DZHW GmbH.

Close, interdisciplinary cooperation (including participation in
third-party funding applications, empirical research projects and
publications) with the research projects and the research infrastructure
at DZHW is expected, as well as scientific cooperation with researchers
from the Faculty of Humanities at Leibniz University Hannover who are
conducting research in the field of higher education research under the
aspects of the education system and digitalization or in methodology.

Your Profile

You have a proven track record in the field of surveymethodology.

Experience in methodological research on online surveys, panel
attrition, scale development and data quality you bring with you.

You focus on AI-supported methods (machine learning), responsive
questionnaire design and the use of smartphone apps for data collection.
Record Linkage and Big Data for the enrichment of survey data are
further possible areas of application of survey methodology.

An above-average dissertation in sociology or related disciplines as
well as relevant publications must be proven with the application.

Successful acquisition of third-party funding and experience in
interdisciplinary and international research cooperation are desirable.

Willingness to teach two semester hours per week in the degree
programmes of the Institute of Sociology.

Ability to teach courses in the English language

What we can offer you

LUH offers excellent working conditions in a vibrant scientific
community combined with an exceptional standard of living in a modern
city surrounded by nature. In addition, LUH provides numerous
opportunities for further education and training as well as many
services to support families. The

Dual Career Service at LUH is aimed at the partners of newly-appointed
professors and provides support with career perspectives in Hannover and
the surrounding region. As a central point of contact for international
researchers, the Welcome Centre provides information on non-academic
queries concerning your stay in Hannover.

General duties and employment requirements are specified in the Lower
Saxony Higher Education Act (NHG). For detailed information on
employment requirements, please contact the
Appointment Matters department.

Leibniz University Hannover promotes equal opportunities, diversity and
a balance between work and family life (Equal Opportunities Office). For
this reason, female researchers are particularly encouraged to apply.
Furthermore, we welcome applications from international researchers.
Preference will be given to equally-qualified applicants with
disabilities (
Representative for employees with disabilities
). Upon request, part-time employment is possible.

Please submit your application by June 30, 2022 exclusively via the
appointment portal of Leibniz University Hannover at
berufungen.uni-hannover.de

For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Monika Jungbauer-Gans
(jung...@dzhw.eu).

Information on the collection of personal data according to article 13
GDPR can be found at
https://www.uni-hannover.de/en/datenschutzhinweis-bewerbungen/.

*
* Karl M. van Meter BMS, Bulletin de Methodologie
Sociologique
* karl.v...@ens.fr (Bulletin of Sociological Methodology)
* tel 33 (0)1 43 25 26 57 Web
http://journals.sagepub.com/home/bms
* Blog http://karlvanmeter.wordpress.com/
* Ecole normale supérieure distribution list
bms-...@services.cnrs.fr
* 48 boulevard Jourdan free distribution list
ai...@services.cnrs.fr
* 75014 Paris, France
* RC33, Research Committee Logic &
* BMS-AIMS Methodology of the International
* 45 rue Linné Sociological Association (ISA)
* 75005 Paris, France http://www.rc33.org/
*
* https://scholar.google.fr/citations?hl=fr&user=aw5I7WwAAAAJ