Sunday Special- Artificial "Days" ?

1 view

Hari Lakhera

Jun 23, 2024, 8:03:57 PM (6 days ago) Jun 23
to Ggroup

ARTIFICIAL “DAYS?”

Ever since I grew some brain cells, I realised that there are seven days in a week. In addition, there are some important days of history like Independence Day or Republic Day. Then some politicians appropriated some days for themselves in the form of their Birthdays or Death days. The trend continues as you scratch my back I scratch your back is the way of finding a place in history.

Then we turned to market economy and marketing is all about harnessing the opportunities. The gift card market is flush with many types of days. I just wanted to inform you that I need not enumerate them here because of space crunch.

I am reminded of this marketing gimmick every other day. A week back, it was Father's Day. Social media was abuzz with wishing and kissing fathers a good day. Some have dipped into their old albums which, otherwise they hardly open and brought the photos of their departed fathers and posted them on Facebook and other sites.

Remembering living or departed parents in the peace and calm of your heart is one thing and making a show of it entirely different thing. In fact, it is sheer hypocrisy.  Forgive me for being old-fashioned.

Give them the respect and care they deserve during their lifetime.

(Father’s Day-

Sonora Smart Dodd, a resident of Spokane, Washington, raised by her widowed father, is recognized as the founder of Father’s Day. Mother’s Day became a holiday in 1914, the second Sunday in May Father’s Day in 1966, third Sunday of June every year. )

Hari Lakhera

Suryanarayana Ambadipudi

Jun 23, 2024, 11:40:05 PM (6 days ago) Jun 23
to Hari Lakhera, Ggroup
 Good one for the day , thought provoking

First para   Last sentence …. Yes true
Gift card market ….  Looting
, it is sheer hypocrisy. ….yes

Some times I feel  most of us are leading artificial lives ,

Imitating  ,  Following most of the useless fellows whose contribution to the society / country is a big zero  , except amassing hundred of crores of rupees , simply looted our hard earned money .

Crickets, cine actors , politicians of all shades  ( earlier lotus fellows used to have some morals ) and both the media gives much publicity projecting all those fellows as role models and celebrities.

A.SURYANARAYANA
The less you speak,the more you are listened to

Hari Lakhera

Jun 24, 2024, 8:18:41 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Suryanarayana Ambadipudi, Ggroup
Celebrating some days may help us review our history but in the end, all days become history. Some leaders make their statues in their lifetime like Mayawati ex-CM of UP. But most get it done by their honchos in their lifetime or after.
I am not against celebrating some days in the name of our departed leaders because something in them must have taken them to that position and stayed there.
But then why grumble? People have named their houses in the name of their pets.

Hari Lakhera