Meeting #2

Robert

Apr 1, 2008, 1:58:32 PM4/1/08
to Society of Lectors
This week we are holding three lectures over two nights. First one is
tonight, a more in-depth lecture on Shellcode. Tomorrow evening we are
holding our general meeting and presenting two lectures. Show up,
listen, discuss, and learn something!

Date: 04.1.2008 (today!)
Time: 8pm
Location: 70-1400 (Auditorium)

Hack Series: Shellcode - Infiltrating Software Systems
- Robert Peaslee (5th year Computer Science)

Computer hackers continue to be the bane of the networked computer -
but
have you ever wondered exactly how they strike? In part two of this
series we will focus on the technical details of exploitable stack-
based
overflows, the anatomy of an exploit, and including shellcode as an
exploit's payload.

Focused Audience: CS/SE/CE/IT/NSSA

----

Date: 04.2.2008 (tomorrow!)
Time: 6pm
Location: 70-1400 (Auditorium)

Lecture 1: A History of Go
-Nick Blake

This lecture focuses on the history and cultural impact of the game
Go.
Go is the oldest board game played in its original form, and has been
key component of many Asian societies.

General Audience

Lecture 2: One Laptop Per Child
- Heewa Barfchin and David Brenner
You have probably heard something about the "$100 laptop" project. We
will cover an overview of what the project is about, how it is helping
children around the world, what we are doing here at RIT, and what you
can do to help out!

General Audience