Open Source and Marxism - Ralph Bean, Friday at 5pm, 12-1135

1 view

Heewa

Apr 16, 2008, 3:34:29 PM4/16/08
to Society of Lectors
Our next meeting is Friday at 5pm, building 12 (business bulding) room
1135. RJ will give a lecture on Open Source and Marxism. I'm very
excited about it. Bring your friends, the bigger the audience, the
more interesting the discussions will be, and the more chance for a
cool lecture next time.

Open Source and Marxism
- Ralph Bean

Consider the fantastic success of the Open Source community to be a
Rorschach test where each interested commentator projects their
political dream. Most existing caricatures range from a true
meritocracy to a libertarian utopia to the seed of technocracy. Well,
put on your historical-materialism-hat and join Ralph for a discussion
on the profound significance, exciting potentials and inherent
contradictions of the Open Source phenomena from the Marxist
perspective.

Date: 04.18.2008 (Friday)
Time: 5pm
Location: 12-1135 (Business Building)