Meeting #1

Heewa

Mar 25, 2008, 12:58:27 PM3/25/08
to Society of Lectors
Quick & Dirty:
Date: 03.25.2008 (today!)
Time: 8pm
Location: 70-1400 (Auditorium)

Tonight's meeting will be held at 8pm in 70-1400, the big Auditorium
on the first floor of the GCCIS building, in the atrium area. This is
our first meeting, so be sure to come. We have two interesting
lectures set up, so bring your friends, and enjoy!

(Lecture 1)
AI Series: Neural Networks - From Biology to Computers and Back
- Heewa Barfchin (6th year Multidisciplinary Studies)

Artificial Intelligence is a wide and mysterious field. This lecture
explores the relationship between Biology and Computer Science through
Neural Networks.

General Audience

(Lecture 2)
Hack Series: Shellcode - Infiltrating Software Systems
- Robert Peaslee (5th year Computer Science)

Computer hackers continue to be the bane of the networked computer -
but have you ever wondered exactly how they strike? In part one of
this series, we will dive into a very accessible view of how they gain
control of computers they do not possess.

Focused Audience: CS/SE/CE/IT