Extending application deadline for the 2nd Summer Institute for Cross-Cultural Anthropological Research to March 30.

Ember, Carol

Mar 7, 2022, 12:16:04 PM3/7/22
to society-for-anthro...@googlegroups.com

Dear SAS members,

I hope you can help pass the word that we have extended the deadline for the 2nd Summer Institute for Cross-Cultural Anthropological Research  to March 30th.  I hope you can help pass the word. Travel and room and board  will be covered (subject to a maximum for airfare).  I’d be happy to answer questions. Thanks! Carol (carol...@yale.edu).

The National Science Foundation, in a grant to the Human Relations Area Files (BCS #2020156), is supporting three years of Summer Institutes for Cross-Cultural Anthropological Research. These Summer Institutes will train faculty, researchers, and advanced graduate students in the theory and state-of-the art methods for conducting regional and worldwide comparative research. The aim is for these methods to be incorporated into educational courses and cross-cultural research using anthropological data. The second three-week Summer Institute is currently planned to be in-person in New Haven, Connecticut, USA (July 18 to August 5, 2022). The program will include lectures, discussion, hands-on exercises and each participant will design and execute a pilot project during their time at an institute.  The primary instructors are Carol R. Ember (Human Relations Area Files at Yale University, USA, carol...@yale.edu) , Fiona Jordan (University of Bristol, UK) and Séan Roberts (Cardiff University, UK). Tentatively, additional lectures will be delivered by Damian Blasi, Alexandra Brewis Slade, Joshua Conrad Jackson, Jeremy Koster, Eleanor Power, and Amber Wutich.

For further information please see https://hraf.yale.edu/summer-institutes-for-cross-cultural-anthropological-research-2022/The new deadline is March 30th, 2022.

Carol R. Ember, Ph.D.

President

Human Relations Area Files at Yale University

203-764-9401

HRAF's home page: http://hraf.yale.edu

HRAF's two main collections: eHRAFWorldCultures.yale.edu and eHRAFArchaeology.yale.edu

eHRAF World Cultures & Archaeology -- voted by Choice Magazine (a division of American Library Association) as two of the "Top 10 Internet Resources" in 2015

(http://hraf.yale.edu/ehraf-databases-receive-two-outstanding-academic-title-awards-from-choice-magazine)

Mailing Address:

Human Relations Area Files

755 Prospect Street