Tenure-track job postings - Wayne State University

Stephen Chrisomalis

Jul 19, 2022, 12:27:41 PM7/19/22
to society-for-anthro...@googlegroups.com

SAS members, friends, colleagues,

Our anthropology department at Wayne State in Detroit, Michigan is hiring two tenure-track faculty members.  The job postings just went live on the AAA website today, and we are beginning review of applicants on August 31.

Assistant Professor, Biological Anthropology

https://careercenter.americananthro.org/job/641681/tenure-track-assistant-professor-

We seek an anthropologist who takes a biological or evolutionary approach to understanding human populations, past or present. Topical areas of interest may include, but are not limited to human variation, adaptation, development, diet and nutrition, health, disease, reproduction, and demography. Geographic area is open.

Assistant Professor, Biocultural Anthropology & Public Health

https://careercenter.americananthro.org/job/641680/tenure-track-assistant-professor

Topical areas of interest may include but are not limited to: biological and health impacts of poverty or racism; global and/or public health; human adaptations among diverse populations; reproductive health, stress, and environment. Geographic area is open.

I am the committee chair for the second of these searches but am happy to answer questions about either one, or about our department in general.  These are new positions, not replacements, as our department is growing rapidly.  I think that there would be lots of scientifically-oriented anthropologists who would be perfect for either of these positions.  Please share this call widely with your colleagues or anyone who might be interested in applying.  We are looking to reach a large, diverse pool of candidates!

Cheers,

Steve

Stephen Chrisomalis (he/him)
Professor and Director of Graduate Studies

Dept. of Anthropology, Wayne State University

President, Society for Anthropological Sciences

3019 FAB, 656 W. Kirby, Detroit, MI 48202
chris...@wayne.edu

https://clasprofiles.wayne.edu/profile/dz6179

Scupin, Ray (Emeritus)

Jul 19, 2022, 12:45:03 PM7/19/22
to society-for-anthro...@googlegroups.com

Dear Colleagues:

There is a teaching opportunity at Webster University in Tashkent, Uzbekistan https://www.webster.uz/.  The courses listed below can be taught remotely (there is a 9-hour difference between Tashkent and EST).  The courses taught remotely pay 3,000 USD for each undergraduate course.  However, preference will be given to those individuals who will teach for at least one semester at the university in Tashkent.  The in-person teaching on campus will include the cost of flight transportation and housing.

Quickly becoming our largest campus outside the United States, our Webster Tashkent facility provides students opportunities to participate in in-demand programs.

HIST 2030 Topics in Asian History (3)

Studies the cultures and the political-social development of major Asian nations, with an emphasis on the period since the impact of Western civilizations on ancient cultures. Content varies (e.g., Japan, China, Far East, Pacific World). May be repeated for credit if content differs.

ANSO 1050 Global Social Problems (3)

Provides an introduction to a wide range of social problems around the globe, such as homelessness, crime and poverty, and how these social problems differ by race, class, gender and country. Includes major sociological as well as anthropological perspectives on such social problems. GCP Coding(SSHB) (INTC)

ANSO 2060 Culture and Communication (3)

Begins with the concept of culture as a means of communicating with others; not only through language but with manners, etiquette, dress, rituals and ceremonials, gesture and movement -- the entire system of symbols and signs that provide meaning for human behavior. Explores a variety of issues in cross-cultural communication, language use, and symbolic systems. GCP Coding(ROC) (INTC)

Please send a letter of application and a CV listing your qualifications and academic experience if you are interested in either teaching remotely or teaching at the Webster University, Tashkent campus to Eric Click, Acting Vice Rector for Academics, ecli...@webster.edu.  You can also send queries about the position to Dr. Click.

Thanks,

Eric Click, PhD

Acting Vice Rector for Academics

www.webster.uz

Ryan Guffey, PhD

Director-General

Office of Global Campuses

15, Route de Collex, 1293 Bellevue Geneva, Switzerland

+41 22 959 80 07

ryang...@webster.edu

Raymond Scupin PhD

Professor Emeritus Anthropology and International Studies

Anthropology and Sociology
Lindenwood University / 209 South Kingshighway • St. Charles, MO 63301
636.634.1113 (m) / LinkedIn / Facebook / Twitter / lindenwood.edu