SAS Executive Board Elections 2023

Stephen Lyon

Jan 9, 2023, 11:29:21 PM1/9/23
to society-for-anthro...@googlegroups.com

Dear SAS Members

As most, if not all, of you are aware, SAS runs two elections every year. The first, in January, is for our wider membership including non-AAA members. We then pass the details of people who received the most votes from that election on to the AAA, for the AAA spring elections. It is now time to vote:

https://forms.gle/3Ci8UWHCxdE5nf339

Ordinarily we aim for contested ballots in the SAS January elections and a single slate in the AAA elections. Sometimes, that isn’t possible for a variety of reasons. Having served on the Executive Board almost continuously since 2008, in either an elected or appointed capacity, I know that these roles are an added responsibility on to our fairly busy day jobs. I continue to serve the Society because I believe in what it stands for—promoting rigorous, empirical research in anthropology as a broad based, holistic discipline, as well as a professional scholarly network that supports and encourages its members. This year, we did not manage to run contested ballots for all of the positions, but I am extremely pleased with the passion and commitment that all of the candidates have shown for SAS and what it represents.

The deadline for voting is midnight 20 January 2023 (in the Doug Hume Time Zone). Please do take the time to cast your votes in these elections and please consider standing for the Executive Board in the 2024 elections.

https://forms.gle/3Ci8UWHCxdE5nf339

Thank you!

Steve

Past-President of the Society for Anthropological Sciences

Professor Stephen M. Lyon FRSA

Inaugural Dean of the Faculty of Arts & Sciences

University Centre

Aga Khan University

Stadium Road

Karachi, Pakistan

Office Phone: +92 (0) 2134869850

Mobile: +92 (0) 3012007817

Web: https://www.aku.edu/faspk/

Faculty Webpage: https://www.aku.edu/faspk/people/Pages/stephen-lyon.aspx

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this message in error), please delete it and any attachments from your system, and notify the sender immediately. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited.