SAS membership dues structure: now $0 for students!

1 view

Stephen Chrisomalis

Apr 20, 2022, 10:00:31 AM4/20/22
to society-for-anthro...@googlegroups.com
SAS members and colleagues,

As part of the Society's initiatives to recruit and expand our member base this year, we are placing a special focus on recruiting student and early-career members into the Society.  As mentioned at our most recent business meeting last month, we have reduced dues for our student members from $10 annually to $0, effective immediately and for the foreseeable future.  We know that AAA membership itself is expensive and we firmly believe that students, those who are often least able to pay additional expenses, should not have to pay section membership fees on top of these.

Student members, thank you for your participation!  If you've let your membership lapse, we hope you'll consider rejoining SAS under this new dues structure.  Faculty and senior scholars, please let any of your undergraduate or graduate students who may be interested in SAS know about this immediate change.  You can add or renew your section membership (or your overall AAA membership) at any time at https://my.americananthro.org/.  (Note that there's been a recent change to the website that may require you to reset your AAA password).

Over the next few weeks we'll be announcing several spring and summer initiatives run by the Society.  Thank you, as always, for your support of SAS, through your membership and your collegiality.

Cheers,

Steve

Stephen Chrisomalis (he/him)
Professor and Director of Graduate Studies

Dept. of Anthropology, Wayne State University

President, Society for Anthropological Sciences

3019 FAB, 656 W. Kirby, Detroit, MI 48202
chris...@wayne.edu

https://clasprofiles.wayne.edu/profile/dz6179