Invitation Acceptance

jferr...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2015, 4:12:25 PM1/20/15
to societas-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone and thank you for accepting my request to join.

V. Claudius Iohannes (alio nomine JKN)

Jan 23, 2015, 12:45:19 PM1/23/15
to societas-...@googlegroups.com, jferr...@gmail.com
Salve, J - I don't have notes to hand so I can't address you by your chosen Roman name (it would be most convenient for us if you were to add that as your Display Name).  Nice to have you here.

Tell us a little about yourself (if you wish) - what's your Roman interest angle?

V. Claudius Iohannes (alio nomine JKN)

Jan 31, 2015, 1:39:59 PM1/31/15
to jferr...@gmail.com
Superpositum notandum:  Salve, Gnae Anicii Iuliane!  I had barely posted this little note of mine when I found a note from you, Gnae - with a correction for your Nomen Romanum - in my personal email.  Glad to hear from you!  Now I will have your nomen correct for the Album, or find out if we have two  "jferr...@gmail.com" in the membership stream!  Dii te incolumem custodiant.  - V. Claudius Iohannes

Gnae Anicii Iuliane -  At home, instead of one the go, I have the leisure to check my records.  Salve iterum.

You, at least, made that initial post - so you qualify as a proper Sodalis (Member).  I'll add you to the Album Sodalium.

At this point, you may remain as anonymous as you like, although we might all welcome some more activity here.  Work and family and social and other commitments steal the time away, as Seneca warned Lucilius.  (I'm showing off there, but I have no right to.  I have a regard for Rome as something enduring in the world, in many ways, and also a regard for my other Roman friends (Neo-Romani, not necessarily geographically Roman).

I discovered the Societas Via Romana in (I think) 2003.  I was looking for Latin language sites, and stumbled upon it and took a liking to it.  It was vital in those days, a kind of joint enterprise stretched between Belgium and the USA.  I lurked and later began to get a little active on the board/forum.

When I offered myself for a SVR office in later years, they discovered that, although I had applied back in 2003, I had never been formally admitted!  So I got to see it grow and, later, stumble into some confusion.

What do I do these days?  These days, what non-work, non-family, non-workshop time I spend is spent on Stoicism (of which there is a significant, as it seems to me, revival going on in the world) and reading. Thus my patchy knowledge of things to do with Seneca.

But again, Gnae Anicii Iuliane, welcome.  Vale bene.