Fwd: [NovaRoma-Announce] DICTATORIAL EDICT 014

L. Livia Plauta

Mar 8, 2016, 6:42:19 AM3/8/16
to societas-...@googlegroups.com
---------- Messaggio inoltrato ----------
Da: "Gnaeus Iulius Caesar gn_iuliu...@yahoo.com [NovaRoma-Announce]" <NovaRoma-Ann...@yahoogroups.com>
Data: 07/mar/2016 05:41
Oggetto: [NovaRoma-Announce] DICTATORIAL EDICT 014
A: "back...@yahoo.com" <back...@yahoo.com>, "NR Main List" <Nova...@yahoogroups.com>, "NR Announce" <novaroma...@yahoogroups.com>, "Senate" <Senatus...@yahoogroups.com>

DICTATORIAL EDICT 014

I, Gnaeus Iulius Caesar, Dictator of Nova Roma, issue the following edict.

1.    Dictatorial Edict 003 is rescinded. Aulus Liburnius Hadrianus (Citizen # 10604), Publius Annaeus Constantinus Placidus (Citizen # 5934), Gaius Petronius Dexter (Citizen # 11584) and Aula Tullia Scholastica (Citizen # 6596) are restored as Senators of Nova Roma.

2.    In respect of Dictatorial Edict 001, Sextus Lucilius Tutor’s (citizen # 8934) membership ban is rescinded and his Nova Roma citizenship is restored. He is also restored as a Senator of Nova Roma.

3.    The citizens specified in Dictatorial Edict 001 and 002, except for Sextus Lucilius Tutor who is dealt with as per (2) above, shall be eligible to apply for Nova Roman citizenship after the separation of the non-profit corporation Nova Roma Inc. and the Nova Roman res publica has taken effect. Such application shall be under the prevailing legal conditions at the time for Nova Roman citizenship.

4.    This edict takes effect immediately.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Gnaeus Iulius Caesar <gn_iuliu...@yahoo.com>

.

__,_._,___

V. Claudius Iohannes (alio nomine JKN)

Mar 8, 2016, 7:18:34 PM3/8/16
to Societas Via Romana
Salve, Livia Plauta -

This is indeed the latest news from over at NR, an almost substantial settlement offer, as it seems.

I will be interested to know how the NR Citizens named react at this point.

Vale bene.

The thought that came to my mind was the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice ..."  And how many coups does this make for NR at present count?  How many times has Woolwine Sulla been a part of them?

C. Aelius Ericius.
Ricci.

V. Claudius Iohannes (alio nomine JKN)

Mar 9, 2016, 7:01:03 PM3/9/16
to Societas Via Romana
My own two denarii, after looking through this most-recent settlement offer from the Dictatura:  At first it looks promising, but after the first two items, things bog down.... The troubling "offers" are these:

3. Senators not removed by the Dictatura and who chose to resign will not be re-subscribed. Their actions were voluntary and were never required by the Dictatura. They have to live with the consequences of that decision.

But it was the wrong-ness of the Dictatura itself that prompted those resignations. If Caesar were to be honest here, he would be saying, "they have to live with the consequences of OUR actions," and so damning himself and Sulla.

4. Other citizens who were expelled may return but only after the corrective action has been taken regarding separating the res publcia and non-profit. They will be free to apply to return, at that point, under the prevailing legal conditions that will exist for everyone here after the split.

This is mightily suspicious, as is the whole "split". It seems to have this objective: to continue NR (the res publica) as an enthusiast's corner, but to pool actual TAX receipts into the Non-Profit, which would be managed by the Dictators, and one must assume from which Caesar and Sulla would draw as they wished. They are already openly prepared to spend NR Citizen's money to defend their wrong-doing in the legal arena, when what they should do is restore NR.

5. As a temporary measure, if the Senate votes a second term to the Dictatura, a Dictatorial edict will be issued at that point restoring Placidus as censor, but he will be one of three. Sabinus and Sulla will remain in office as well. Sabinus will remain in the background, and only act as a tie breaker should a significant impasse be reached between Sulla and Placidus.

This Item no. 5 is just RIFE with troubling implications.

First, Placidus would only be reinstated "as a temporary measure", meaning he's out even before they allow back im.

Second -- and this points up the whole problem -- it is conditional on a Second Term for the Dictatura. But the Dictatura itself is the problem! Not the people expelled, not those who resigned in disgust, and not the phony "crisis" that Caesar and company concocted in order to implement their plans. If Caesar were serious here, he'd be talking about restoring the res publica; but again, his whole bent is upon creating his private "non-profit" corporation.

Third: He would restore Placidus by DICTATORIAL Edict -- but the point is that the Dictatura lacked proper authority in the first place.

Fourth: The last condition clearly reveals the offer to be made in bad faith: Placidus would only be restored in a new scheme of Three Censors. Sabinus (someone who is presently siding with the Dictators) would be retained along with malefactor Sulla as the "tie-breaker". This is transparently anti-republican and aimed, again, at preserving, undisturbed, the power of the Dictatura.

6. Despite nonsensical claims being circulated about loyalty oaths ....

The loyalty oaths may or may not have been circulated, I'm not sure if that can be established. But plainly the PURGED Senate was asked quite specficially to endorse the Dictatura in a Senate Vote that Sulla circulated and Livia Plauta published for our benefit earlier here:

I. Discussion and endorsement of Dictatorship and actions so far taken. Proposed Senatus Consultum:

"Do we, the Senate of Nova Roma, by vote of simple majority, support the issuance of the Senatus consulta ultima of November 16th, and the appointments of Gnaeus Iulius Caesar to the office of Dictator, and Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix to the office of Magister Equitum, operating within the office of the Dictatura, and while recognizing this vote does not compromise the right of ratification by the Senate of Nova Roma upon the termination of the Dictatura, support the Dictatorial Edicts issued so far?"

And, of course, the purged Senate supported the purgers: "Item 1 - PASSED UNANIMOUSLY (12 Yes - 0 No - 0 abstain)". No 'no' votes, no abstentions -- because those had already been dealt with.