Dictatorship in Nova Roma?

V. Claudius Iohannes (alio nomine JKN)

Jan 27, 2016, 1:36:45 PM1/27/16
to Societas Via Romana
Salvete, Romani -

What do we know of the Dictatura over at Nova Roma? Does anyone here still have ties to NR?

For that matter, if they do, do they dare speak of the situation?  As I understand it, all public fora are shut down, officers serve only at the pleasure of the Dictatorship faction, the whole thing began with proscriptions - with kicking people out of the organization and silencing all the rest.

Nova Roma, unlike the SVR, is a tax-gathering organization, too -- and now their treasury is held hostage by a faction, no protest is possible, and who knows what will happen to that money.

Some "New Rome", that is.  I used to listen to all the squabbling over there about pagan-this and Christian-that and used to think, "Well, at least it's a vital group!  There's activity and contention and at least some people trying to make it work!"  And of course, that's what a republic is all about: People of contrary views who nonetheless hold together for a common good.  But now they've lost their common good altogether, and gone from a little republic to a micro-tyranny!   What a pathetic end for such a ground-breaking organization to come to.

Is it their end?  Is there any hope for a renewal of Romanitas over there, where plain old barbarism now seems to be enthroned?