Id est - Cancer me molestat. "Dang."

V. Claudius Iohannes (alio nomine JKN)

Apr 25, 2015, 5:02:03 PM4/25/15
to societas-...@googlegroups.com
Salvete, Amici -

Wanted to announce that old Iohannes here is in the middle of cancer treatments.  Hoping for the best.  Two operations are done - but chemo and radiation are upcoming.

Vos omnes - optime valete.

raze...@comcast.net

Apr 26, 2015, 11:32:54 AM4/26/15
to SVR
Minerva mei!   Two procedures already and I'm just hearing about it?  Amice, your stoicism would do Marcus Aurelius proud.  I wish, hope and pray all the best of prognoses for you.  Of course you know that.  Be well, my friend.

Di Deaeque te semper ament.  Cura ut valeas.
Optime bene vale.

C. Aelius Ericius.

Wanted to announce that old Iohannes here is in the middle of cancer treatments.  Hoping for the best.  Two operations are done - but chemo and radiation are upcoming.

Vos omnes - optime valete.

Cleopatra Aelia

Apr 26, 2015, 2:01:41 PM4/26/15
to societas-...@googlegroups.com
All the best for your recovery, Claudius Iohanne.

Vale optime

Medusa Gladiatrix
LVDVS NEMESIS

Web: www.ludus-nemesis.eu

Cn. Cornelius Lentulus

May 9, 2015, 5:28:48 PM5/9/15
to societas-...@googlegroups.com
Lentulus Johanni SALUTEM PLURIMAM dicit

Oh no, dear Johannes!... I have just read it... I feel with you, and I offer my prayers for your recovery and returning to full health!
You must recover, it's the will of Rome, an order!

Aesculapi, Apollo Medice,
vos precor quaesoque,
ut Johannes noster, quem dicere sentio,
sanetur, valeat, vigeat, vivat,
et a morbo cancri liberetur!
Huius rei ergo macte
hoc vino estote fitote
volentes propitii
Johanni, saluti suae,
domo suae et familiae.

Wine is sacrificed.

Anyone can use this properly formatted prayer for Johannes. Offer wine with it.

Johannes, cura ut valeas cum salute!

- Lentulus

May 17, 2015, 4:54:17 PM5/17/15
to societas-...@googlegroups.com, cn_cor...@yahoo.it
Lentile - You are so kind to offer and provide such a prayer. I have a number of friends & acquaintances who've offered prayers for me to their God, but to have you entreat the Gods - Apollo, Aesculapius! - for me as a proper Roman quickens my blood. Thank you. I will try to have the presence of mind to keep you all informed as things progress. Gratias tibi atque omnibus magnopere ago.

V. Claudius Iohannes (alio nomine JKN)

Aug 27, 2015, 7:17:43 PM8/27/15
to Societas Via Romana
Salvete, Romani -

SOME TIME LATER - - I'm still around.  Almost starting to feel human again (treatments ended beginning of July, but it's taken this long to feel some actual recuperation).

Omnibus, Valete.

raze...@comcast.net

Aug 27, 2015, 8:01:08 PM8/27/15
to SVR
We expect you to be around for a long time still, Iohannes.  Keep that in mind.
Optime vale.
C. Aelius Ericius.