SVR, the Old Site

V. Claudius Iohannes (alio nomine JKN)

Feb 27, 2018, 4:19:41 PM2/27/18
to Societas Via Romana
Salvete, veteres amici Romani -

It has been a while ... !

If anyone reads this, I wanted to let you know that recently the old site, www.societasviaromana.net, was down - infiltrated by malware and so on.  The hosting service, GoDaddy, had to work on it and it was Marius (of SVR Glory Undisputed) who paid up front for all the repair.  The cost was substantial (renewals, moves, restores, and so on), being the better part of $1K.

Wow.  For that reason, I am passing the hat.  If you think the fora of the SVR were worth preserving, (a) re-visit the site and renew your acquaintanceship, and (b) consider contributing toward at least a partial remuneration of Marius's expenses, laid out for our little Neo-Roman legacy to the world.  For further info, contact me at iohann kn -at- hotmail (that first letter is an 'i', not a J, and no spaces in the real address).

Beyond that - WHAT'S everyone UP TO?  Hope to hear from you.

Valete.

Primus Aurelius Timavus

Feb 27, 2018, 4:50:59 PM2/27/18
to Societas Via Romana
I'll pledge $100!

Timavus

V. Claudius Iohannes (alio nomine JKN)

Feb 28, 2018, 7:12:45 PM2/28/18
to Societas Via Romana
Excellent.  I'm going to send him my bit via PayPal, Timave, and if that works for him, you can do the same (I presume).

Good to hear from you, by the way.  How is life?

V. Claudius Iohannes (alio nomine JKN)

Mar 4, 2018, 9:07:21 PM3/4/18
to Societas Via Romana
Timave - see my email to you, if you would.

Cleopatra Aelia

Mar 5, 2018, 10:30:10 AM3/5/18
to societas-...@googlegroups.com
Salve Iohanne,

Many thanks for your e-mail. I'm pretty busy with moving so money and time is pretty tight these days but still busy with the gladiatura also. Unfortunately I cannot donate anything at the moment.

Valete,
MEDVSA

V. Claudius Iohannes (alio nomine JKN)

Mar 7, 2018, 3:47:16 PM3/7/18
to Societas Via Romana
Ave, Cleopatra AElia -

Nice to hear from you!  Thanks for responding.  No force involved here; my best to you and LVDVS NEMESIS !  Vale!