Fwd: An appeal to help our MSW student who is critically ill - reg.

1 view

SWFP/Niruta

Mar 15, 2023, 2:04:56 AM3/15/23
to hrnir...@googlegroups.com, socialwork...@googlegroups.com, socialworker...@googlegroups.com, hrka...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ashok Dsouza <ashok...@rcub.ac.in>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023, 11:26 am
Subject: An appeal to help our MSW student who is critically ill - reg.
To: nirutapub...@gmail.com <nirutapub...@gmail.com>

Respected Sir / Madam,

Greetings from Dr. Ashok Antony D'Souza, Professor and Chairman, Dept. of Studies in Social Work, Rani Channamma University, Belagavi, Karnataka!

I'm writing this mail to bring to your kind notice that Ms. Sushmita N Madar, our seond year MSW student, has been diagnosed with Fungal Pneumonia and is presently battling for life in the Critical Care Unit of SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad, Karnataka.

Since, last two days the Hospital has started ECMO Therapy (Lung Support) and have said that if the treatment fails the option available is to go for lung transplant, which will cost over INR 30 lakhs. Please find attached scanned copy of the letter issued by the Hospital to this effect.

Sushmita is hailing from very poor socio-economic background and her family has already spent over five lakhs for medication by borrowing money from various sources.

We are a public-funded University and the Student Insurance Scheme will cover only INR 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty Thousand only). We are also mobilizing funds from our staff and students.

In this regard, we hereby appeal to your esteemed Organization to support us to mobilize this huge amount of money required for saving the life of our student.

Please donate your contribution to the following account, which is in the name one of our faculty members:

          Name of the Account Holder: DEVINDRAPPA HOSAMANI (we have not provided the account details of the Sushmita/patient as one of her relatives has access to her ATIM card)

          Name of the Bank: HDFC Bank

          Branch: Shahapur, Karnataka

          A/c No.: 50100041876282

          IFSC: HDFC0002575

QR Code of the above-mentioned bank account has been attached herewith for making GPay/PhonePe/ etc.

We request you to kindly support us in our efforts to provide best of the medical care so that Sushmita will recover and be back on track.

Thanking you,

Sincerely yours.

--
Dr Ashok Antony D'Souza