"The Art of Happiness"

ramesha M H

Dec 17, 2023, 6:51:45 AM12/17/23
to hrnir...@googlegroups.com, socialwork...@googlegroups.com
"The tendency to closely bond with others, acting for the welfare of others as well as oneself, may be deeply rooted in human nature, forged in the remote past as those who bonded together and became part of a group had an increased chance of survival. This need to form close social ties persists up to the present day. In studies, such as one conducted by Dr. Larry Scherwitz, examining the risk factors for coronary heart disease, it has been found that the people who were most self-focused (those who referred to themselves using the pronouns ‘I,’ ‘me,’ and ‘my,’ most often in an interview) were more likely to develop coronary heart disease, even when other health-threatening behaviors were controlled. Scientists are discovering that those who lack close social ties seem to suffer from poor health, higher levels of unhappiness, and a greater vulnerability to stress." (from "The Art of Happiness")

Your's sincerely
MH. Ramesha, MSW, PGDELT
Managing Director :M&HR Solutions Pvt. Ltd
Founder Secretary: Nirathanka Trust (NGO)
Publisher: Niruta Publications