Fwd: [linkingleads] Fwd: Fwd: CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS in Bangalore to improve buses

girish vasanth

Oct 19, 2014, 12:31:12 AM10/19/14
to socialworkers_karnataka
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Poonam poonam...@gmail.com [linkingleads]" <linkin...@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Oct 14, 2014 9:06 PM
Subject: [linkingleads] Fwd: Fwd: CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS in Bangalore to improve buses
To: <linkin...@yahoogroups.com>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fwd: CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 00:17:56 +0530
From: Padmakumar Media Studies <padma...@christuniversity.in>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shashank Atreya <atreyas...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 1:17 PM

OPEN CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS

to work with a citizens’ group in Oct-Nov, 2014

The Bangalore Bus Commuters' forum (Bangalore Bus Prayanikara Vedike) consists of various organisations and individuals who have come together over the past year to address issues with Bangalore's public transport. This year, the forum will conduct various public events around issues of women, senior citizens, people with disability and children's experiences in Bangalore's buses. We call out to student volunteers who are interested in   interacting with these groups who regularly avail bus services in Bangalore.  Come work with us and together we can ensure that we get a bus service that is equitable, safe, affordable and accessible!

In the coming months of October and November, 2014, BBPV proposes to conduct public events and activities that will allow multiple stakeholders to participate, engage and share their views, experiences and grievances they face while travelling in BMTC buses.  It will be a time to collaboratively share, imagine and build new ways of envisioning bus based transport for Bangalore city.

The forum hopes to use art, media, film, design and other interactive formats including conducting jan adalats/public tribunals, panel discussions, ward level meetings, photo-exhbitions to reach out to the general public and to communicate to governing bodies like BMTC.  These events have been tentatively titled 'Janasnehi Busgaagi', towards proposing new and equitable imaginations for Bangalore’s buses

The forum is seeking collaborations from students from all streams, artists, designers, photographers, writers, technologists, performers, media practitioners, architects, urban planners, and others interested in urban mobility and keen on working with communities to conduct various programmes, work with crowd-sourced mapping, work with shooting and editing of photos and videos, flash mobs, street plays, media products, innovative campaign ideas and activities for the event.

We hope you will find the experience invigorating and will be keen on doing this for the sake of public interactions and new content.

The volunteers will have a meeting on Saturday, 18th October to discuss and define roles based on their interests.

Where?

Alternative Law Forum

122/4, Infantry Rd, Shivaji Nagar,

Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001