Fwd: Inviting interested CSOs / NGOs in Karnataka, to make a presentation at the One Day Consultation at Bangalore

Praveen Varkey MSW, RSW

Jul 12, 2016, 8:04:35 AM7/12/16
to Social Workers_Karnataka

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brinda Adige <brind...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, 11 July 2016
Subject: Inviting interested CSOs / NGOs in Karnataka, to make a presentation at the One Day Consultation at Bangalore
To: Invites <inv...@yahoogroups.com>, hrm <h...@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: ags....@gmail.com

Dear Friends,

Greetings from the Academy of Gandhian Studies!

AGS is organizing a"One day State level consultation "to be held  in Bangalore with civil society organizations, on the 18th of July 2016​​.

The subjects for discussions and highlights of good practices will be on the following topics with reference to Karnataka - Child MarriageChildren at risk of sexual exploitation - CABA/Child VOCSET/SGBT (Child Sex Tourism), Children Impacted by Disaster.

We invite organizations interested in making a presentation on

any of ​
he above subjects and share good practices that could be replicated.  Your presentation needs to be for 10 minutes followed by Q &
​A.​

If you know of any NGO/s working in the areas mentioned and are interested to participate; I request you to kindly pass on this information to them.

The consultation is being held in partnership with Plan India - a leading national organization on child rights.​  Plan India has been consistently advocating for the survival, protection, development and participation rights of all children especially the most disadvantaged.

 Objectives of the initiative:

 1.   Provide a platform to foster dialogue and exchange ideas and innovative thinking on children’s rights and in particular of those in difficult circumstances-

2.   Recognize and develop an understanding of the multiple causes and situations leading to increased vulnerabilities and denial of rights to children and seek solutions to address these

3.   Highlight the resilience of children and youth in the midst of multiple deprivations and strengthen their capacities to become advocates for their own rights and futures.

4.   Review the effectiveness of government policies, legislation and programmes in addressing the rights and entitlements of the most vulnerable children

5.   Promote knowledge management and collaborative processes as important drivers in influencing policies, practices and investment to improve the lives of children in difficult circumstances

6.   Provide a consultation platform for initiatives to showcase best practices on policies and programs

7.   Bring voices from national and international level on policies and programs

8.   Engage emerging new stakeholders contributing to social responsibility

Brinda Adige
Ph: +91 9845518138 /080 - 222 11548
 92 Street Y, 2010 Ford Fellow, Bangalore

Prayer is not a "spare wheel" that you pull out when in trouble, but a "steering wheel" that directs the correct path throughout.

Which comes first, orthodoxy or the truth?
The price you pay for veneration is conformity!!
You have the right to feel anyway you feel.
How you act on those feelings is what is important!!
The greatest risk is not taking one...

"consider the environment"
If you plan on forwarding this e-mail, I would like to THANK YOU in advance for deleting my address as well as any other addresses and personal information from this e-mail. I would also like to THANK YOU for using "Bcc" instead of "To" and "Cc" when initiating both individual and group e-mails. This helps prevent spammers and hackers from obtaining addresses, thus slowing the proliferation of spam.

--
Sent from iphone