May be of interest for Veterans, Work

PMBrent

Jul 6, 2009, 3:16:17 PM7/6/09
to cyndis...@yahoogroups.com
Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 2:58pm CDT  |  Modified: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 3:12pm

7-Eleven recruits veterans as franchisees

Dallas Business Journal - by Katherine Cromer Brock Staff Writer

Convenience store retailer 7-Eleven Inc. is offering discounted franchise fees to retired or separated veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces.
The chain plans to open 200 new stores this year, said store spokesman Margaret Chabris. All new stores will be franchised, she said. Nationally, there are 1,300 stores available for franchising. In the Dallas-Fort Worth area, 70 existing stores also are available for franchisees.
Veterans who have been honorably discharged from the services and are first-time 7-Eleven franchisees will receive a 10 percent discount on the initial franchise fee. This can translate to a savings of $1,000 up to $35,000, according to a release from the company.
7-Eleven said a franchise costs $50,000 to $300,000, depending on the store type, size and location.
There are locations available for franchising in 30 U.S.. states, including Texas.
“This is the first time we have offered a reduction like this in our franchise fees, and I can’t think of a better group to receive this benefit than the men and women who have so selflessly served to protect the freedoms we enjoy in America,” said Joe DePinto, 7-Eleven president and CEO. DePinto is a graduate of the Military Academy at West Point and served for five years as an officer in the U.S. Army.
The new incentive is a permanent part of the company’s business plan, Chabris said.
Dallas-based 7‑Eleven is the largest convenience retailing chain, operating 7,800 stores in North America, and more than 36,200 stores in 15 countries. The chain saw 2008 revenues of more than $53.7 billion.
“During these times there are a lot of individuals who want to control their destiny and becoming a franchisee is one such way,” said Charles Wetzel, president of Dallas-based retail analysts Buxton Co.
“Retired military is a good audience for 7-Eleven as they have an inherent level of discipline and structure through training. Franchises are looking for new ways to market themselves and this is a great example. I wouldn’t be surprised if this catches on and others fall in line — then you are back to pitching brand strength against brand.”

All contents of this site © American City Business Journals Inc. All rights reserved.

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. Reference: http://www.. law. cornell.edu/ uscode/17/ 107.shtml

P/B
The first step of any journey is the hardest, the last the most fulfilling, yes, you can stop and smell the flowers on the way. May your God walk with you. When its Time, its Time.