CSS Bootcamp Session 4 on "Toxicity Analysis of Twitter Data using Perspective API” (Thu, June 24 @ 10-11:30am EDT)

Prof Anatoliy Gruzd

Jun 23, 2021, 8:17:11 AM6/23/21
to Social Media Research

Hello Everyone,

Our next session of the Social Media Lab's CSS Bootcamp is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, June 24 at 10am(ET). It will be on “Toxicity Analysis of Twitter Data using Perspective API”.

The session will feature a guest talk by Dr. Paola Pascual-Ferra, Associate Professor at the Department of Communication at Loyola University Maryland. Dr. Pascual-Ferra will present on their newly published study that used Communalytic & Perspective API (along with other tools and techniques) to examine polarized discourse about wearing face masks on Twitter during the COVID-19 pandemic.

How to Join the Session:

  • All Bootcamp sessions are free and conducted via Zoom.

  • You can register using this link.

  • If you missed our previous sessions, their recordings and slides are posted to the Bootcamp’s page.

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow,

Anatoliy

--
PS. Check out our new special issue on Studying the COVID-19 Infodemic at Scale in Big Data & Society!

Anatoliy Gruzd, PhD
Canada Research Chair in Privacy Preserving Digital Technologies
Professor of Information Technology Management
Ted Rogers School of Management
Director of Research, Social Media Lab
Ryerson University