VL/HCC 2022: Call for Participation

Emanuele Panizzi

Jul 8, 2022, 7:26:27 AM7/8/22
to Social Media Research

IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing

VL/HCC 2022: Call for Participation

(Apologies for multiple postings)

IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing

>>> 12-16 September 2022 <<<

Rome, Italy

https://conf.researchr.org/home/vlhcc-2022

IMPORTANT LINKS

REGISTRATION & ACCOMMODATION

early bird registration before/on August 21st, 2022

PROGRAM

The program is tentative and subject to change.

The Symposium is planned to be in person. In any case, we monitor the Covid situation and will act according to the authorities' decisions to ensure the safest and most comprehensive participation.

KEYNOTES

We are thrilled to announce the following keynotes:

  1. Creating Responsible and Human-Centered AI - Saleema Amershi
  2. The Power of Diagrams: Observation, Inference, and Overspecificity - Gem Stapleton

IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing (VL/HCC) 2022

From the beginning of the computer age, people have sought easier ways to learn, express, and understand computational ideas. Whether this meant moving from punch cards to textual languages, or command lines to graphical UIs, the quest to make computation easier to express, manipulate, and understand by a broader group of people is an ongoing challenge.

The IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing is the premier international forum for research on this topic. Established in 1984, the mission of the conference is to support the design, theory, application, and evaluation of computing technologies and languages for programming, modeling, and communicating, which are easier to learn, use, and understand by people.

The 2022 symposium is scheduled to take place September 12-16 in Rome, Italy.

Our special emphasis for 2022 is Human-Centric AI. VL/HCC 2022 is 100% Sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Multimedia Computing (TCMC). VL/HCC is indexed in Scopus, DBLP, IEEE Explore, WoS.

We look forward to your participation in VL/HCC!

Paolo Bottoni, VL/HCC 2022 General Co-Chair

Gennaro Costagliola, VL/HCC 2022 General Co-Chair

VL/HCC 2022 ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

General Co-Chair

Paolo Bottoni, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy

General Co-Chair

Gennaro Costagliola, University of Salerno, Italy

Program Co-Chair

Michelle Brachman, IBM Research, United States

Program Co-Chair

Mark Minas, Bundeswehr University Munich, Germany

Publicity & Social Media Chair

Emanuele Panizzi, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy

Finance Chair

Maria De Marsico, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy

Publications Chair

Kim Monch, Bundeswehr University Munich, Germany

Web Chair

Mattia De Rosa, University of Salerno, Italy

Graduate Consortium Co-Chair

Andrew Fish, University of Brighton, United Kingdom

Graduate Consortium Co-Chair,

Thomas LaToza, George Mason University, United States

Tutorial and Workshop Co-Chair

Alessio Malizia, University of Pisa, Italy

Tutorial and Workshop Co-Chair

Vittorio Fuccella, University of Salerno, Italy

--
Emanuele Panizzi
Associate Professor