Special theme proposal on “Studying Infodemic at Scale” for Big Data & Society (BD&S) [Abstracts due Sept 8]

Anatoliy Gruzd

Aug 22, 2020, 1:20:19 PM8/22/20
to Social Media Research
Hi Everyone!

The WHO EPI-WIN infodemic management team organized a special call for journal contributions to a thematic issue about infodemic and infodemiology.

As part of this call, my colleagues and I are organizing a special theme proposal on “Studying Infodemic at Scale” for Big Data & Society (BD&S).

About the special theme:
This proposal seeks to provide a space for original research articles (up to 10k words) and commentaries (up to 3K words) in the area of infodemiology, big data, and COVID-related dis/misinformation studies. All accepted special theme content will be waived Article Processing Charges and will be published open access.

We expect to have a decision on whether the special theme proposal is selected by the end of October 2020. If it's accepted, we will notify authors by the end of October and ask for a submission by the end of November / early December.

If you are interested in contributing to this special theme proposal, please submit your abstract via the following form:
Full papers/commentaries are not required at this stage.

About the journal:
BD&S is a peer-reviewed SAGE journal with the SSCI Impact Factor of 4.577 that publishes interdisciplinary work in the social sciences, humanities and computing and their intersections with the arts and natural sciences about the implications of Big Data for societies.

Sincerely,
Anatoliy

On behalf of the Special Theme Guest Editors
  • Anatoliy Gruzd - Canada Research Chair and Associate Professor at Ryerson University and Director of Research at the Social Media Lab.
  • Manlio De Domenico - Head of the Complex Multilayer Networks (CoMuNe) Research Unit at the Center for Information Technology of Fondazione Bruno Kessler.
  • Pier Luigi Sacco - Professor of Cultural Economics, IULM University Milan; Co-Director of the Computational Human Behavior (CHuB) Lab of Bruno Kessler Foundation, Trento, and Senior Researcher, metaLAB (at) Harvard.
  • Sylvie Briand - Director of Infectious Hazards Management Department at WHO.