蔡朝阳:《以自由看待教育》

吴长城

Mar 28, 2013, 12:12:52 AM3/28/13
to sociall...@googlegroups.com
"教育就是要守护你天性的自由,激发天赋的潜能,面对坚固的体制,我始终相信这个世界会有奇迹发生。所以,请大家原谅我麦兜式的天真,我愿意是这些孩子们一生里最幽暗的那一段路程中,他们身边一盏微亮的灯火。”获新京报年度致敬图书奖的中学教师蔡朝阳演讲视频@阿啃1919回来了
http://t.cn/zYsKzBv

请大家一起来讨论!

--
吴长城

教育大发现社区
四川师范大学基础教学学院

黄宜宾

Mar 28, 2013, 12:47:17 PM3/28/13
to sociall...@googlegroups.com
好久没发愤青贴了,积累的能量借吴老师这个话题释放下:^_^

首先,说下我不同意的:“一个人不能改变世界” VS. “保持自己不被世界所改变”。我个人认为可汗学院就属于是一个人改变世界的好例子;如果我成功说服了张三,让张三接受了“保持自己不被世界改变”这个理念,那其实我已经改变了张三自己原有的“随波逐流”的态度。

然后,表示下对演讲者的崇拜。尤其是那段“七日不缚手” VS. “熬鹰” (http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTMxNDc4MjA0.html?firsttime=714),确实是第一次听到这样的类比,很有被震撼感。

最后,理解一下标题《以自由看待教育》。我觉得跟我在DNLE的期末作业结论一样——父母往往是阻碍孩子发展的罪魁祸首。

================ 再贴一次我在DNLE的期末作业 ^_^ ===========================

【Learn Something】When Muhammad Yunus meets Steve Jobs Click to vote up 1

Final Team Project

Part I: When I was a kid...

When I was a kid, I struggled in education system wondering the meaning of life and stuff. Luckily, I found this quote unravels everything——

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school. - Albert Einstein

Even fictional martial artist would agree——

危急之中,风清扬的一句话突然在脑海中响起:“你剑上无招,敌人便无法可破,无招胜有招,乃剑法之极诣。” - 金庸 《笑傲江湖》

It's basically saying that "forget everything you've learned, and it will make you undefeatable in a kung-fu fight."

This got me thinking:

  1. "What's right for kids?"
  2. "Do they really need those books we decided they have to learn?"
  3. "Does every child has the potential to become Leonardo Da Vinci?"
  4. "If they do, what's stopping them from being Leonardo Da Vinci?"
  5. "What about those kids in underserved regions?"

In order to 【Learn Something】, we have to forget everything we've learned and to see the world from a different angle——children's angle. When in doubt, just try to recall those memories from your childhood.

Part II: When Steve was a kid...

When Steve was a kid, one of his saints bribed him with candy and 5$ bills to get him interested in learning.——Errr, so you've been told. If you try the same "bribe" solution on 100 kids, I bet you won't be able to make half of them interested in learning. Why? Because children's mind don't work that way, and the key point is not the "bribe", it's the "surprise"——Steve never would thought something like that could happen to him and it's the feeling of the unexpected experiencing kept him interested, rather than the "experience" itself. In another word, if he guessed Imogene might bribe him, then it won't work.

1、What's right for kids? -- Something unexpected and intriguing. 2、Do they really need those books we decided they have to learn? -- Only if they don't know what's coming next. 3、Does every child has the potential to become Leonardo Da Vinci? -- Yes! They certainly do! But if they can't survive the education system without damaging their brain, then adios Steve and hello Mr. President.

ZhuangZi(庄子) lived around 4th century BCE believed to rule a kingdom, the only thing the king needs to do is nothing, just go with it and it'll be fine——

无名人曰:“汝游心于淡,合气于漠,顺物自然而无容私焉,而天下治矣。” --庄子《应帝王》

Part III: When Muhammad was a kid...

When Muhammad was a kid, his mother was afflicted with psychological illness. I can imagine with a jewelry store to run and a wife can't really help much, Muhammad's dad must been too busy to take care of all 9 children. And Li Ka-shing(李嘉诚), whose father died when he's 14. Since he had to take care of his mother and 3 brothers & sisters, I thought he might not been able to get lots of attention from his parents, too. Both extraordinary man, not able to get much parenting when they were kids. See the pattern here? But Why?

4、"If they do, what's stopping them from being Leonardo Da Vinci?" --It's because all the "anti-pedagogy" forces around the kids, left them no chance to lead and no room to fail.

5、"What about those kids in underserved regions?"

--Let's do it the 'Bangladeshi Style': Invest the money into a new-born kid for his education as venture capital, and expecting to be paid after 2 decades from the kid's salary. In the time being, we can exchange our investment like stocks, as long as we get the kid's school reports and analyze them like they're financial statements.

From a sceptic's eye, it doesn't seem very promising with all those governing rules in financial world. But let's take a minute from recent time and put it back in ancient Chinese, in a book that solves everything The I Ching 《易经》——

四十一卦【损】(艮上兑下)初九:祀事遄往,无咎,酌损之。

Means it's ok for you to rush into something and lost some money, when it's an urgent call. I think it's pretty safe to say, our education system needed to be remodeled decades ago, and we're far behind our schedule. So, chop! chop!

Part IV: When Muhammad meets Steve...

When Muhammad meets Steve, they decided to change the world by combining sophisticated financial tools & stunning education technologies into children-oriented solution, and no kid should be left behind. Let's sum this hybrid business model, global P2P learning environment, game-like platform up in DNLE fashion: Value, Pedagogy, Content and Technology.

a、Value: Children got the most potential to became Leonardo if we let them. Just imagine what this world would be like if everyone is great enough to understand how humble he/she is. b、Pedagogy: Learn through unexpected experiencing, learn through leading/teaching, learn through mistaking. c、Content: Keep "every knowledge we taught is for children to forget" in mind, every grown-up should provide their real-life experience for children to learn from, inquiry-based style. d、Technology: Mobile-Internet, SoLoMo, O2O, IoT, personal-cloud..... you name it, nowadays it's not that easy to surprise a child with technology, and we intended to surprise them.

Well back in 6th century BCE, LaoZi(老子) call these four things(In the order of: Value, Pedagogy, ,Technology,Content) different names——

道、法、术、器 *--老子《道德经》

We all human-beings, we all share the same earth, and we all want our children to live in a better world. Let's starts TODAY! Let's make 【Learn Something】 a real deal!

邮件来自 `SLL`(SocialLearnLab)"教育大发现"邮件列表
详情: https://groups.google.com.bz/group/sociallearnlab
退订: sociallearnla...@googlegroups.com
官网: http://sociallearnlab.org/  维基: http://sociallearnlab.org/wiki/
微博: http://weibo.com/sociallearnlab

---
您收到此邮件是因为您订阅了 Google 网上论坛的“教育大发现(SocialLearnLab)”论坛。
要退订此论坛并停止接收此论坛的电子邮件,请发送电子邮件到 sociallearnla...@googlegroups.com
要查看更多选项,请访问 https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out

--
以上内容,个人见解;如有雷同,纯属巧合。

抛砖引玉,仅供参考;欢迎批评,但求指正。

Bing Ran

Mar 29, 2013, 6:10:46 AM3/29/13
to sociall...@googlegroups.com
Beautifully written!

Cindy (Xiaoyan) An

Apr 27, 2013, 10:49:11 PM4/27/13
to sociall...@googlegroups.com

尊敬的老师:
您好!首先,我谨代表Project WETWater Education forTeacher)水资源教育全球项目向您致以诚挚的问候!
2013Project WET水资源教育项目教师培训会(上海)即将举行,很荣幸借此机会邀请您参与此次培训会。这是个非常好的机会来实际感受Project WET水资源教育项目,进一步地了解我们。来自上海市各个地区的小学老师们将和您一起,通过将Project WET水资源教育项目带进课堂和校园,共同促进和提高下一代对水资源的认知、珍视、了解以及对水资源领导地位的认识。

Project WET水资源教育项目基金会是第一个全球性以知识教育为宗旨的非盈利组织,该组织成立于1984年,总部设在美国,现在50多个国家开展活动。该项目旨在通过知识教育来提高大家对水资源的认知,对水资源的珍视以及水资源在人类生存环境中的领导地位的认识。到目前为止已完成300个水知识教育计划。
我们在2010年将该项目引进中国,并成功于2011年在上海120多所小学开展“8小时回收可回收饮料瓶,打破吉尼斯世界纪录!”的活动,迄今为止,WET项目已在130多个学校展开,覆盖中国至少130,000名学生。2012年,我们在上海和北京分别与上海市教育局和健康饮水专业委员会携手合作,同时还通过与中美环境教育交流项目委员会合作,将水资源教育延展至湖南和湖北省的教师和学生。

此次培训会针对Project WET培训教师的上海小学教师们,时间2013518日(周六下午),地点为徐汇区徐家汇社区文化活动中心,详细信息请见附件。
我们希望能在201356前收到您的回复。若您接受此次邀请,请将您的学校姓名、手机号码、邮箱发送给安晓燕女士。
我期待很快在培训会活动的现场见到您!
顺颂商祺

John Etgen
副总裁
Project WET水资源教育全球项目基金会

日期: 2013年5月18日 (周六)

地点: 一楼多功能大厅 徐家汇社区文化活动中心 (徐家汇学生社区实践指导站)
上海市徐汇区南丹东路 109号(近天钥桥路)

培训讲师: John Etgen 副总裁 Project WET水资源教育全球项目基金会
日程概要:
12:40-13:00 签到
13:00-13:15 欢迎及项目简介
13:15-16:00 项目培训
16:00-16:20 讨论
16:30 合影

如您可以参加,请联系:安晓燕 女士
Project WET 水资源教育项目专员
021-61646888-7936
15202100363
1-2013 Project WET 水资源教育项目教师培训会 (上海)邀请函.pdf
3-Project WET 水资源教育项目简介.pdf
2-2013 Project WET 水资源教育项目教师培训会(上海) 日程安排.pdf
Project WET 水资源教育项目10项活动介绍-(仅供阅读,不可印刷).zip

庄秀丽

Apr 27, 2013, 11:09:44 PM4/27/13
to sociallearnlab
在 2013年4月28日上午10:49,Cindy (Xiaoyan) An <cindyl...@yahoo.com>写道:
 此次培训会针对Project WET培训教师的上海小学教师们,时间2013518日(周六下午),地点为徐汇区徐家汇社区文化活动中心,详细信息请见附件。

==》 感谢分享,真是一个非常好的项目,如果课程内容,以更灵活的方式传播,就更好了。这样让更多家庭和孩子在生活中都能够参与和行动起来。

怎么理解  “Project WET培训教师的上海小学教师们” ? 是指上海任何小学的小学老师们?

不知道后续同类的活动,还会在哪些地方举行?

Cindy (Xiaoyan) An

Apr 27, 2013, 11:17:53 PM4/27/13
to sociall...@googlegroups.com
庄老师:

您好!该项目的网站正在改进和开发中,今后将通过和上海市教委的相关网站和Project WET的中文网页推送在线培训内容。

之前上海已进行多次培训会,部分已接受培训的老师不在邀请范围内。此次培训会在上海展开,我们将提供免费的教材和教具,所以对象为Project WET培训教师的上海小学教师们” ,任何小学都可以。

2013年6月份的培训将在北京展开,其他城市的活动还在商讨中。
祝好!
Cindy  An 安晓燕
Project WET 水资源教育项目专员
': (8621)61646888-7936
Mob : + 86 152 0210 0363
WET项目由非营利组织WET项目基金会于1984年在美国设立,旨在通过发展和推广学校
教育来促进和提高大家对水资源的认知、珍视、了解以及对水资源领导地位的认识。
Since 1984, the Project WET Foundation has dedicated itself to the mission of reaching
children, parents, teachers and community members of the world with water education.

黄利锋

Jul 22, 2013, 10:53:04 PM7/22/13
to “教育大发现”(SocialLearnLab)
期待能够看到学生活动网站,如果可以我们将通过网络来参与。www.zjgjy.org