Summer School Teaching/Gardening at Mountain View, sign up now!

Ashley Edgette

May 13, 2011, 10:51:01 AM5/13/11
to Social Justice Gardens
Hi Garden Volunteers,

For all of you who are interested in being involved with the Mountain
View community-classroom garden this summer, the time has arrived. :)

Mountain View's summer school program will run from June 13th until
July 15th, from 8:30 am until 2 pm.

If you'd like to participate, you have until Monday morning to sign up
for any time slot between 8:30 am and 2 pm Monday- Thursday. All you
have to do is email me (ashley.edgette @gmail.com) and let me know
what days and times you will commit to the summer school program.

After Monday, Mnt. View will start to schedule its other programming,
and we will have to work around what they schedule.

If you participate as a garden teacher you will work with groups of
10-15 elementary students, for one to three hours in the garden
(depending on your availability). Some of the lessons we did last year
were on Food and Culture, Who Lives in the Garden, Science in the
Garden, How Our Plants Grow. Last year's garden teachers built
scarecrows, learned about compost, painted flags, and made bird
feeders with students.

Geneva Thompson (gebthompson @gmail.com) will be the coordinator. She
can help you with lesson plans, picking up supplies, as well as
student problems and garden ideas.

After you sign up you will be invited to a garden teacher orientation
later this month.

Please email me with your time availability before Monday at
ashley.edgette @gmail.com

best,
Ashley Edgette
Social Justice Gardens Director