SDL March / April 2012 events

Andreas Weigend

Mar 9, 2012, 11:03:21 PM3/9/12
to social...@googlegroups.com

Hello Lab,

The keynote on IDENTITY earlier this week (video by Shaun Tai to come soon, thank you!) was pretty cool. Thanks for all your input. And here is what’s next:

09Mar (Sat) 10:30am, San Francisco

SDL Brunch, hosted by Tim Chang (partner at Mayfield) and Andreas Weigend

Starbelly Restaurant, 3583 16th St (Market and Noe), SF, CA 94114

TODO if you will be there: Email Andreas

19Mar (Mon) 5pm, Gates 415

CS341 Info Session (Jure Leskovec and Andreas Weigend)

Overview, discussion of dataset and project ideas, etc.

Please tell interested students about the course, see http://bit.ly/CS341-12

Class time Spring 2012 is Tue Thu 4:15pm - 5:30pm, starting 03Apr (Tue)

04Apr (Wed) 5pm, Stanford

Lab Meeting: Review of winter quarter, and welcome of new members!

TODO (everybody): Personally invite two students to this first spring quarter lab meeting

21Apr (Sat) 9am – 9pm, Stanford

Social Data Summit: Social Data and the Future of Health

9am       Meet and Greet (Coffee, Danish and Fruit)

10am     Summit (Stanford location TBD)

6pm       Dinner (Palo Alto, location TBD)

IMPORTANT: http:// bit.ly/SDwiki needs to be updated. John agreed to manage the calendar. Who will help with the text?

Andreas

Chuck Lam

Mar 13, 2012, 10:04:13 PM3/13/12
to Andreas Weigend, social...@googlegroups.com
I just applied to join the group on Google Groups. Look forward to contributing!

Mar 19, 2012, 7:22:37 PM3/19/12
to social...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone

Jure and Andreas are introducing the CS 341 class today.
Andreas called me and told me there are some cool datasets that they will be talking about... and that there will be free food at 6. Sounds pretty good to me.
I think we shd plug the lab a bit.
Does anyone want to join?

Addy