Hope to see you all this Thu for Spring quarter strategy meeting, and if you are interested in more, check out the Mu-Sigma stuff.

Andreas Weigend

Feb 20, 2012, 3:58:01 AM2/20/12
to social...@googlegroups.com, Teri Elniski (Teri.Elniski@emc.com), puneet....@mu-sigma.com, Noah Zimmerman (stanfordnoah@gmail.com), zubin....@mu-sigma.com, Srikrishna...@mu-sigma.com

Happy Holiday Weekend, Social Data Labsters!

This email consists of 2 parts, first the link to our General Winter Quarter meeting….

General SDL Meeting (Updates and Spring 2012 Strategy)

SDL Sp2012 Strategy Meeting 2012.02.23

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pia-a3WTnJZoQYFF4tdsE5YdNc6P06CJzKMEYlQTHw4/edit

… and then the rest is related to the Mu-Sigma event in a week at Half Moon Bay.

Mu-Sigma PREP DOCS

Prep Mu-Sigma Workshop SDL Meeting 2012.02.21

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BdDKhvCRBJx40CqvY1cA1XFBTKxwF0LAN17CfPIUdcY/edit

(to be discussed in SDL meeting on Tuesday)

Prep Mu-Sigma Big Data Panel 2012.02.27

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11ZFvdMeD30eq7lnTj763gW4uvFoJlFQNFcURlZzX3Dc/edit

(this is Andreas' suggestion, feel free to create new fields for additional materials)

Mu-Sigma INITIAL WORKSHOP PARTICIPANT LIST

Mu-Sigma Workshop Attendees 2012.02.26

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au9PB_wyQMEedGxIaHRpWjlaM1RPLU9keVlaV1M3UkE#gid=0

URGENT: Puneet or Zubin, please complete and send out links to survey (next item) AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

SURVEY FOR WORKSHOP PARTICIPANTS

If you want to participate in the Innovation Workshop, you need to answer the questions in

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEZOMUs1RjRWZnkyWkFDZEVPNXVjZ0E6MQ

Notes

Estimated time for completion: 30 minutes

Thoughtful completion by Tuesday Feb 21 at noon is required for workshop participation

If you want to stay for the Mu Sigma Customer Summit, you need to also register at

http://www.mu-sigma.com/mcs/customersummit2012-register-now.html

PUBLIC DOCS (for Workshop and Panel):

Mu-Sigma Workshop 2012.02.26

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iCHqwfiH5Cjnep-glXvzt8Q9tqEyTB1PRSM6FopvUtU/edit

Mu-Sigma Big Data Panel 2012.02.27

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_y7aycmINxOUlBd8L19yQW5fXNxNmQKd8-5x8yvpWr0/edit

PS: Interesting article in Sunday New York Times (Cover story of Magazine)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/magazine/shopping-habits.html?_r=3&ref=magazine&pagewanted=all

They claim I said “It’s like an arms race to hire statisticians nowadays,” said Andreas Weigend, the former chief scientist at Amazon.com. “Mathematicians are suddenly sexy.” …. Of course nothing I would ever say, but this just shows how things get made up.

See you soon!
Andreas
(650) 906-5906