Re: [socialdatalab:96] New Group Website

Message has been deleted

Jim Lin

Apr 6, 2012, 10:02:51 AM4/6/12
to Ajit, SocialDataLab (SDL) -- Google Group
Hi Ajit,
   I would like to help out the new online community
management method for our lab!

Jim

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Ajit <ajitpalsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear All,

I was hoping we could started in looking for a new online community
management method for our lab. I want to first thank Kavinda and Aldo
for volunteering to help out, of course if more people are willing to
volunteer the better.

I see that Group Spaces is quite popular within the Undergraduate
Clubs at Stanford and I know that Cove is being used currently by the
EClub at the GSB. I was hoping to get some more names in the hat from
everyone before we start a more analytical review of the contenders
based on our requirements.

Also, can anyone help me out with the technical term for what we are
looking for? We did a similar study for Enterprise Search and were
able to use Gartner reports to find an Enterprise Search vendor. So
the term would be helpful. By the way, anyone with a SUnet Id can
access both Gartner and Forrester through the Jackson GSB Library.

Best,
Ajit

Rahul Gupta-Iwasaki

Apr 11, 2012, 8:18:41 PM4/11/12
to Jim Lin, Ajit, SocialDataLab (SDL) -- Google Group

Just a heads up, I heard Cove was bought by Dropbox and is going to be discontinued in the coming months.

^.^

Rahul

Andreas Weigend

Apr 11, 2012, 10:08:02 PM4/11/12
to social...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!
Want to bring together everybody from the lab with the 30-something students in this year's CS341 (bit.ly/CS341Times).
You can swing by class 4:15 - 5:30 in Hewlett 103 (tomorrow is about recommendations based on clustering / segmentation, vs item-by-item matrix, vs social data), or just come after class to get Indian food and drinks. Bring a friend who is interested in social data revolution!
Thanks,
Andreas Weigend
+1 650 906-5906
www.weigend.com