installation problem

Efi Mavridou

Jan 27, 2014, 7:53:52 AM1/27/14
to social...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I am new here and new to rails generally, so perhaps my question is silly but i am struggling
some hours to find something and I can't..

I have problems installing social_stream.

I have created a new rails app
and run the command "gem install social_stream"

which shows the error

"ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::DependencyError)
    Unable to resolve dependencies: actionmailer requires actionpack (= 4.0.2);
activerecord requires activesupport (= 4.0.2), activemodel (= 4.0.2)"

(I have downloaded the gem from here http://rubygems.org/gems/social_stream
and put it in the site folder)

I continued with the "bundle" command which seems ok, not showing any error.
Then run "rails generate social_stream:install" but shows the message:
"Could not find generator social_stream:install."

Any help please? The rails version is Rails 3.2.13

Regards,
Efi.

Antonio Tapiador del Dujo

Jan 31, 2014, 1:45:52 PM1/31/14
to social...@googlegroups.com
Hi Efi,

I would say, you are using rails 4.0.2, because the dependencies show
errors on 4.0.2 components (actionpack, activesupport, etc..)

You can specify the rails version at the begining of your Gemfile:

gem 'rails', '3.2.13'