Fwd: PLEASE DISTRIBUTE

Larry Nucci

May 26, 2022, 6:13:34 PMMay 26
to social-dom...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone -

I am forwarding this message from Ken Dodge.  For those of you who do not know him, he is a very distinguished developmental psychologist and a former President of the SRCD.  As you will see below, he has joined the senior editors of ALL 3 SRCD journals and the SRCD science director in resigning from the SRCD.  More than half of the SRCD staff have either left or been fired from SRCD in the past 6 months.

I believe that this is a cause for serious concern for those of you who are the future leaders of our field.  The editors resigned in protest over actions by the leadership that would have seriously encroached upon their autonomy and integrity as scientists and as the gatekeepers of our published research.

There are other outlets for you, such as Division 7 of the APA and the Jean Piaget Society.  However, the SRCD should be the home for all of you.

I have been involved with the scientific community for my adult life.  I have never seen a situation like this where the leadership of a core scientific community has acted in secret to undermine the integrity of the editorial process.

SRCD is not the plaything of any subgroup.  What is taking place behind closed doors needs to come out into the open.

Please read below.....