Suggestions for EDI meeting in May 2022: Panelists and Topics

Laura Pareja Conto

Feb 21, 2022, 10:36:04 AM2/21/22
to social-dom...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

The Social Domain Theory International Colloquium is planning a meeting on Friday, May 27 at 11 am EST (8 am PST) about EDI issues.

We hope this meeting will help us answer the following questions: What are some ways that our research in moral development could inform efforts to create more equitable environments? How are we doing so far? What changes do we envision/hope our field can adopt to get closer to this goal? How can social justice takeaways from research be carried over into our communities?

We are planning for this meeting to be more discussion-based. To this end, we will invite a panel of speakers to brainstorm through a few questions and then continue the conversation in breakout room discussions.

What do we want from you? Please complete this brief survey by Friday, February 25, 2022, to give us:

  • Your input about specific topics and/or questions you would like to cover

  • Ideas for panelists to invite

  • Suggestions for how long you want this meeting to be.

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

Alicia, Franklin, Robyn, and Laura

________________
Laura Pareja Conto
Pronouns: she/her/hers
M.A. Student in Child Studies
Concordia University
Relationships Across Development Laboratory
http://rad-lab.ca/

Laura Pareja Conto

Feb 23, 2022, 9:55:45 AM2/23/22
to social-dom...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all having a good week!

This is simply a friendly reminder to please fill out this survey by Friday, February 25, 2022.

We are currently organizing an EDI meeting for the Social Domain Theory International Colloquium on Friday, May 27 at 11 am EST (8 am PST). We are hoping to organize a very enriching meeting for all so we need your input to make sure we address your burning questions or those topics you are most interested in.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sincerely,

Alicia, Franklin, Robyn, and Laura

________________
Laura Pareja Conto
Pronouns: she/her/hers
M.A. Student in Child Studies
Concordia University
Relationships Across Development Laboratory
http://rad-lab.ca/

Melanie A. Killen

Feb 23, 2022, 10:06:36 AM2/23/22
to Laura Pareja Conto, social-dom...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for being a very active group!  It's hard to keep up.  The activities are wonderful.  I will fill out the survey.
Best
Melanie

Melanie Killen | Professor and Distinguished Scholar-Teacher

Program Director, Human Development

Department of Human Development and Quantitative Methodology

Director, Social and Moral Development Lab

3942 Campus Drive, Suite 3304 | University of Maryland, College Park,  | MD 20742-1131 USA

mki...@umd.edu | 301.405.3176 | https://umd.zoom.us/j/2996659030 | umd website

she/her/hers

--
To learn more about the Social Domain Theory listserv and group, visit https://www.socialdomaintheory.com/