Call for abstracts: International Conference on Social Dilemmas (ICSD) 2024 Leiden

1 view

Tal Waltzer

Nov 1, 2023, 11:39:27 AM11/1/23
to social-dom...@googlegroups.com

Hi all, sharing this conference that sounds super cool but is too far for me... maybe some of our folks in europe will find it interesting...

Call for abstracts: International Conference on Social Dilemmas (ICSD) 2024 Leiden

Abstract submission deadline: January 15, 2024

We are pleased to invite submissions for the International Conference on Social Dilemmas (ICSD), which will be held in Leiden (The Netherlands) from July 2 to 5, 2024. The abstract submission is now open.

Confirmed keynote speakers: Jörg Gross, Mariska Kret and Alan Sanfey

We invite presentations on topics broadly related to social dilemmas. Research providing insights into how people approach and resolve conflicts between self-interest and collective interests is of particular relevance. As social dilemmas span across different academic disciplines, submissions from a wide range of scientific fields, including but not limited to psychology, economics, anthropology, biology, environmental sciences, neuroscience, sociology and political sciences, are welcome. We welcome empirical research on social dilemmas including topics such as cooperation, social norms, emotions, trust and conflict. We also invite theoretical contributions on formal games related to social dilemmas, for example public goods games, coordination games, prisoner's dilemmas, trust games, dictator games and other theoretical innovations. Lastly, we encourage empirical contributions that inform about practical applications of research on social dilemma in societal issues such as donations, prosocial attitude and climate change.

Abstract submission. To submit an abstract, please go the following submission page: https://socialdilemma.com/icsd2024-abstracts/. In the submission portal, we kindly ask you to also provide your preference for the following presentation formats: regular talk, short talk or poster.

Abstract submission deadline: January 15, 2024

Registration. Registration will be open following the acceptance of abstracts in February/March 2024. More information about the conference fees will soon be provided on the conference website.

Please check the conference website (https://socialdilemma.com/icsd2024/) for more information on the location, abstract submission and key dates. If you have any questions, you can contact us at ICSD...@fsw.leidenuniv.nl.

We are looking forward to welcoming many of you in Leiden!

Kind regards,
Also on behalf of the Steering Committee of the ICSD,

The ICSD 2024 organizing team

--
Dr. Talia Waltzer
Postdoctoral Scholar