Recent publications, June 2023

Tal Waltzer

Jun 15, 2023, 1:48:59 PM6/15/23
to social-dom...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

Below, you can find the latest update on recent publications and works shared with the listserv.
If you would like to share any recent works for the next posting, please fill out this survey (once for each work you would like to share): https://forms.gle/LU4Miioc7KTTVk9Y8

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Social Domain Theory listserv coordinator
https://www.socialdomaintheory.com/

--- RECENT PUBLICATIONS ---

(1) Student and teacher views on cheating in high school: Perceptions, evaluations, and decisions
Tal Waltzer (UC San Diego), Fiona C. DeBernardi (Cornell), & Audun Dahl (UC Santa Cruz)
Journal of Research on Adolescence
Academic Misconduct; Teaching and Learning; Dishonesty; Moral Development
twal...@ucsc.edu
https://doi.org/10.1111/jora.12784

(2) Adolescents View Social Exclusion Based on Social Class as More Wrong Than Do Children
Buse Gönül (Eskişehir Osmangazi University); Basak Sahin-Acar (Middle East Technical University); Melanie Killen (University of Maryland, College Park)
Developmental Psychology
social inequalities, morality, social class, peer relationships
buse....@ogu.edu.tr
https://doi.org/10.1037/dev0001564

We also have some recent media updates to share with you!

YouTube

The growth of US inequality

November 9, 2021

Dr. William Arsenio created a video for YouTube about the growth of inequality in the US. In the video, he describes how US inequality has exploded since 1980. He explains the basics of inequality, covers key periods in US history such as the Great Regression, and discusses why wealth inequality is actually much more of a problem than income inequality.

The Hartford Courant

America, we have a problem. It’s the college divide

May 22, 2023

Dr. William Arsenio wrote an op-ed for the Hartford (CT) Courant newspaper about the inequality problem of our country being split into those who have college degrees and those who do not. He proposes solutions to this problem in our country, starting with acknowledging that this divide exists.

You can see all the SDT recent works in the media here: https://docs.google.com/document/u/3/d/e/2PACX-1vTvTqzX87pQA2WRzlD1gCzCUCc5LUBxAb3m9McMoBXtA4160_GRAdnpKCd3eRoQYDd2H6kUCzt4Xa0G/pub

--
Dr. Talia Waltzer
Postdoctoral Scholar