Hiring a full-time developer for social collaboration startup.

Igniter

Apr 7, 2010, 9:04:14 PM4/7/10
to Social Actions Developers
Hello SA-Devs,

Peter Deitz encouraged me to post to this group.

I'm looking to hire a full-time developer to work on a new application
I am developing. It is targeted at enabling simple, social
collaboration that doesn't suck. It will have particular applicability
to the social and change communities but will also have broader
appeal. We are currently prototyping in PHP but are also passionate
about RoR and believe that the right developer is more important than
the 'right' language

Feel free to contact me directly if you are interested.

Peace,

Michael

***
We are a team of social and tech sector entrepreneurs.
We’re launching a startup that builds apps for a better future,
sooner.
We’re looking for a full-time Ruby on Rails developer with the chops
to help make it happen.

What our developer will do.
- work with us to build solid, scalable apps, that people love using,
- code brilliantly producing code that’s clean, elegant, and
efficient,
- figure it out and get it done.

What we expect our developer will bring:
- proven skills and expertise in RoR, real-time, social, web-based app
development,
- a community of peeps they ask and help in solving problems,
- a history of building and being awesome.

What we think you would love about working with us:
- we do this to have fun, live well, and make the world better,
- we’re in this for the long haul, building stuff that sticks not
fluff that fails,
- we know what we’re doing, have history that proves it, and we own
our own bullshit.

Sound interesting? Think this might be you? Tell us why by sending us
an email. We’ll respond to those who show they’ll bring what we need
and have told us tell us why they’re interested. Preference given to
those we can meet in person (we're located in London and Oakville -
near Toronto, Ontario, Canada) but we’re used to working virtually.