Unique ID values for Entrepreneurs

sam

Dec 7, 2009, 8:44:34 PM12/7/09
to Social Actions Developers
Hi Jason and Peter,

Once again I have another question about the API: Is there a unique
identifying key available for each entrepreneur result? The
documentation describes source_id as

"source_id (id for social entrepreneur provided by award program)"

but does that mean they are unique for the entire SE-API data set?

Thanks!

-Sam Choi

Jason Mott

Dec 8, 2009, 9:16:25 AM12/8/09
to social-ac...@googlegroups.com
The source_id is not guaranteed unique within a result. It is guaranteed
unique from the source though (e.g. every Civic Ventures entry has a
unique source_id, but a Pop Tech entry may have a source_id that
duplicates a Civic Ventures source_id). This is because source_id is
defined by the source.

The short url we create is guaranteed unique per entry (even if multiple
entries point to the same real url).

I could add a unique identifier field if it would make things easier.
> --

Jason Mott
Worker-Owner
Software Engineer

Ronin Tech Collective, Inc.
167 Main St. Suite 103
Brattleboro, VT 05301
888.200.5074 x369
http://www.ronin.coop

sam

Dec 8, 2009, 1:00:48 PM12/8/09
to Social Actions Developers
That would be great if you could add that field in there. I am trying
to retrieve a single result set for a a specific user, but I have no
guaranteed way to do. I could use the short url, but it seems cleaner
to use something more appropriate.

Thanks Jason!

-Sam Choi

On Dec 8, 6:16 am, Jason Mott <jm...@ronin.coop> wrote:
> The source_id is not guaranteed unique within a result. It is guaranteed
> unique from the source though (e.g. every Civic Ventures entry has a
> unique source_id, but a Pop Tech entry may have a source_id that
> duplicates a Civic Ventures source_id). This is because source_id is
> defined by the source.
>
> The short url we create is guaranteed unique per entry (even if multiple
> entries point to the same real url).
>
> I could add a unique identifier field if it would make things easier.
>

> sam wrote:
> > Hi Jason and Peter,
>
> > Once again I have another question about the API: Is there a unique
> > identifying key available for each entrepreneur result? The
> > documentation describes source_id as
>
> > "source_id (id for social entrepreneur provided by award program)"
>
> > but does that mean they are unique for the entire SE-API data set?
>
> > Thanks!
>
> > -Sam Choi

Peter Deitz

Dec 11, 2009, 12:37:40 PM12/11/09
to social-ac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,

I believe Jason is working on adding the additional field. In the
meantime, please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.
I hear great progress is being made on the Social Entrepreneur API
search engine and widgets for Social Edge.

All the best,
Peter