2 API feature requests

Zach Berke @ Exygy

Jan 15, 2010, 4:05:02 PM1/15/10
to Social Actions Developers
Peter and Jason,

Jill and I have been brainstorming features we'd like to add to the
forthcoming widgets. A couple of the features would require updates
to the API. We could definitely build the features without updating
the API, but it would be a kind of hacky work around.

Let me know what you think of the following suggestions/requests -- as
always, please feel free to yell at me if I'm asking for a ton of
stuff and/or if I'm overlooking something that's already there!

1) When we return results sorted by funder, we're not returning in
alphabetical order of funder. My guess is that we're returning the
first funder who was added to the db, then the 2nd funder, etc. It
would be nice if we could get them in order of funder-alphabetical vs.
funder-date_added

2) Also related to sort: could we implement a secondary (tertiary,
quaternary?) sort? So I could say: sort first by funder, then by
alphabetical last name of entrepreneur. At the moment if I search by
funder, I get entrepreneurs returned in order added to db (again I'm
guessing that this is what's happening -- but I don't believe it is
alphabetical).

These two points are pretty closely related and perhaps we can come up
with a well thought out solution for #2 that also solves #1?

Thanks!
-Zach