2009 Nonprofit Software Development Summit

1 view

Allen Gunn

Nov 2, 2009, 6:04:16 AM11/2/09
to social-ac...@googlegroups.com
Hey Social Actions developers,

The 2009 Nonprofit Software Development Summit is just a few weeks away,
taking place in Oakland, California. We'd love to have lots of SA energy
in the mix.

You can check out the latest session list at

http://devsummit09.aspirationtech.org/index.php/Session_List

We invite your help in spreading the word; please tweet it, blog it,
Facebook it to your networks. Hashtag #devsummit, http://bit.ly/2LmoiG

New sessions are being added each week, and we invite you to add a
session and share your own nonprofit software development experiences,
or to request a session to address your questions about nonprofit software.

Please join us for this year's Dev Summit! Complete details are at

http://www.aspirationtech.org/events/devsummit09

and we still have sliding scale registration slots available.

The 2009 Nonprofit Software Development Summit is generously sponsored
by Mozilla, Google, and CiviCRM.

We hope to see you in later this month!

peace,
gunner

--

Allen Gunn
Executive Director, Aspiration

Aspiration: "Better Tools for a Better World"

Peter Deitz

Nov 3, 2009, 11:53:07 AM11/3/09
to social-ac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gunner,

Thanks for posting a link to the upcoming Dev Summit on the SA Dev list.

I'd encourage people on this list to register if you can, and/or propose
sessions related to social tech, APIs, and whatever other amazing
projects you're all working on.

All the best,
Peter

Peter Deitz
Social Actions
Founder / Executive Director
http://www.socialactions.com

USA: 415-425-7482 | Canada: 514-824-3270 | Skype: peterdeitz

http://twitter.com/peterdeitz
http://www.linkedin.com/in/peterdeitz
http://my.socialactions.com/profile/PeterDeitz

Christine Egger

Nov 4, 2009, 12:40:27 PM11/4/09
to Social Actions Developers
Hi all,

A quick note to share that Rachel Weidinger will be representing
Social Actions at the Dev Summit (yay, Rachel!). Rachel's an
influential force for good in the nonprofit & social media space,
traditionally where marketing and communications have been involved
but more and more with an emphasis on the technologies involved.

Rachel, you're somewhere over Helsinki, I believe, as I type this, or
have just landed? Don't hesitate to post an intro here when you get a
chance (the sentence above doesn't do justice to the interests &
impact you bring to the sectors that overlap with Social Actions'
work) and perhaps more about the connections, conversations,
questions, that the Dev Summit will be sparking.

Christine

On Nov 3, 11:53 am, Peter Deitz <peterde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gunner,
>
> Thanks for posting a link to the upcoming Dev Summit on the SA Dev list.
>
> I'd encourage people on this list to register if you can, and/or propose
> sessions related to social tech, APIs, and whatever other amazing
> projects you're all working on.
>
> All the best,
> Peter
>
> Peter Deitz
> Social Actions
> Founder / Executive Directorhttp://www.socialactions.com
>
> USA: 415-425-7482 | Canada: 514-824-3270 | Skype: peterdeitz
>
> http://twitter.com/peterdeitzhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/peterdeitzhttp://my.socialactions.com/profile/PeterDeitz
>
> Allen Gunn wrote:
> > Hey Social Actions developers,
>
> > The 2009 Nonprofit Software Development Summit is just a few weeks away,
> > taking place in Oakland, California. We'd love to have lots of SA energy
> > in the mix.
>
> > You can check out the latest session list at
>
> >http://devsummit09.aspirationtech.org/index.php/Session_List
>
> > We invite your help in spreading the word; please tweet it, blog it,
> > Facebook it to your networks. Hashtag #devsummit,http://bit.ly/2LmoiG

Rachel Weidinger

Nov 19, 2009, 12:05:25 PM11/19/09
to social-ac...@googlegroups.com
Woot! Day 2 of the #devsummt. If you're at it, come say hi.

Sometime today I'll be leading an add-on session on open data, starting with the Open Actions standards.  Please join!

I'll try to recap after or as I go.

Rachel Weidinger
twitter: @rachelannyes
mobile: 415-793-2939
Gtalk, YIM, MSN: rachel.weidinger
AIM: rachelweidinger

Peter Deitz

Nov 19, 2009, 1:13:01 PM11/19/09
to social-ac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the update and for representing Social Actions at the
Nonprofit Software Dev Summitt. We're looking forward to any additional
dispatches you're able to shoot out today or tomorrow. Good luck with
the add-on session on open data.

For folks not attending (myself included), the hashtag is #devsummit:

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23devsummit

All the best,
Peter
> <mailto:social-ac...@googlegroups.com>
> social-actions-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:social-actions-dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/social-actions-dev?hl=en

Allen Gunn

Nov 22, 2009, 7:32:45 PM11/22/09
to social-ac...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Just wanted to thank Rachel for bringing so much and rocking so hard at
the Dev Summit. She did the SA network proud! Thanks Rachel :^)

peace,
gunner

Peter Deitz

Nov 23, 2009, 9:29:35 AM11/23/09
to social-ac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gunner, Great! We'll have to lean on her more frequently for Bay Area
events.

Rachel, I hope you're up for it and thanks again for representing Social
Actions, Open Actions, open data, and the philanthropic web. We're very
grateful.

All the best,
Peter

Rachel Weidinger

Nov 23, 2009, 1:43:01 PM11/23/09
to social-ac...@googlegroups.com
Gunner and Peter:

Thank you so much for the opportunity to learn more. I'm uber impressed by the crew Gunner gathered, and the conversations we were able to have. Way to hold space, man.

I was serious when I said I want to help Social Actions. Keep leaning on me!

Rachel