"Does Not Keep One Single, Inclusive Term, Woman Safer": Megan Rapinoe's Teary-Eyed Rant Over Abortion Gets Confusing - "You are allowing a violent and consistent onslaught on the autonomy of women's bodies, on women's rights, on women's minds, on our hearts, on our souls."

Ubiquitous

Jun 26, 2022, 10:08:02 AM6/26/22
Progressive activist and soccer superstar Megan Rapinoe went off on a
rather confusing rant about “inclusive term” women’s bodies after a
Supreme Court decision on Friday overruled abortion decisions in Roe v.
Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey, effectively kicking abortion
restrictions back to the states.

The SCOTUS decision, Rapinoe said at a U.S. Women’s National Team
(USWNT) media event on Friday, “certainly” doesn’t keep “one single
child safer,” nor does it “keep one single, inclusive term, woman
safer.”

The athlete went on to say that it’s hard to describe how “difficult it
is to live in a country where you have a constant, unrelenting, violent
tide against you, and onslaught as a woman. And it would be as a gay
person, as a nonbinary person, as a trans person, whoever this is going
to affect, because it affects a lot more than just women, or ‘cis-
women.’”

The verbal gymnastics seemed consistent throughout her comments: “There
are an infinite amount of reasons why a woman chooses to do what she
does with her body,” Rapinoe said, before adding plural or “gender
neutral” pronouns, “or what they do with their body.”

Seeming to undercut her gender-neutral language, Rapinoe reportedly
said men are “allowing a violent and consistent onslaught on the
autonomy of women’s bodies, on women’s rights, on women’s minds, on our
hearts, on our souls. We live in a country that forever tries to chip
away at what you have enabled, at what you have been privileged enough
to feel your entire life.”

The forward looked to be reading off notes and opened her comments with
a shaky voice and tears in her eyes. “I wish that we could just talk
about soccer today,” she said, “but obviously with the ruling on Roe v.
Wade, that takes precedence over everything.”

Rapinoe, an award-winning female athlete herself, made waves on Sunday
when she told Time magazine she is “100% supportive” of “trans
inclusion” in girls sports, dismissing concerns about fairness and
emphasizing that people “need to understand that sports is not the most
important thing in life.”

“I would also encourage everyone out there who is afraid someone’s
going to have an unfair advantage over their kid to really take a step
back and think what are we actually talking about here,” she said.
“We’re talking about people’s lives. I’m sorry, your kid’s high school
volleyball team just isn’t that important.”

Rapinoe argued that not many girls have been shortchanged by
transgender athletes, yet, anyway.

“Show me the evidence that trans women are taking everyone’s
scholarships, are dominating in every sport, are winning every title.
I’m sorry, it’s just not happening,” she said. “So we need to start
from inclusion, period. And as things arise, I have confidence that we
can figure it out. But we can’t start at the opposite. That is cruel.
And frankly, it’s just disgusting.”

“We need to really kind of take a step back and get a grip on what
we’re really talking about here because people’s lives are at risk,”
Rapinoe added. “Kids’ lives are at risk with the rates of suicide, the
rates of depression and negative mental health and drug abuse.”

WATCH:
https://youtu.be/8qfUjDlgxOI

--
Let's go Brandon!