Dodging a bullet.

a322x1n

Jan 18, 2022, 7:52:10 AM1/18/22
<https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/unvaccinated-man-who-almost-died-of
-covid-gets-shot-after-hospital-release-huge-relief/ar-AASTqRP?ocid=msedg
dhp&pc=U531>

<https://tinyurl.com/55a4mzry>

Unvaccinated Man Who Almost Died of COVID Gets Shot After Hospital
Release: 'Huge Relief'. Ed Browne - 2h ago.

An unvaccinated man who nearly died with COVID has said one of the first
things he did after being discharged from hospital was get a vaccine
shot.

Andrew Pugh, 52, fell severely ill with COVID and ended up being
hospitalized in early December. He then spent weeks in intensive care
and reportedly nearly lost his life.

Pugh, from the U.K., was finally discharged in January and has been
recovering from his severe COVID case at home.

Quoted in various U.K. media outlets, Pugh said that he didn't want
anyone else to go through the same experience he did and added: "I got
released from hospital and the very first thing I did was have my jab.
It's a huge relief to have the jab."

The dad of three said that he would have had the vaccine as soon as
possible if he were to go back in time, but he had been put off
initially by reading anti-vaccine content on Facebook.

"I've got varicose veins in my legs and I'd been reading what people had
been putting on Facebook about people dying with blood clots, and
secondly I thought the vaccine was made too quickly," he told local
regional government body Worcestershire County Council.

"The message is that I didn't want the vaccine—look how I ended up, I
ended up in hospital… so please, get your vaccines."

Following his release from the hospital, Pugh has said he continues to
use medical equipment at home to assist with his breathing. A photo on
Facebook appears to show that he has been able to leave the house and go
shopping with the help of his family.

There have been a number of cases in which people have changed their
stance on vaccines after becoming ill with COVID.

A 26-year-old California woman, named as Wynter Ho by news outlet ABC 7,
was discharged from the hospital this January after spending several
months in the hands of medical staff due to COVID complications.

She had first fallen ill with the virus in July and was not vaccinated
at the time, since she considered herself healthy and without any
underlying medical conditions.

"I feel I was meant to catch it, to relay the message that young people
my age need to get vaccinated," she told ABC 7 upon her release.

And U.K. woman Saja Ali, 31, said in January that having COVID "totally
changed my mind" about vaccines after the virus left her bed bound for
weeks. She said she had previously been a "complete anti-vaxxer" due to
material she'd read online.

Related Articles:

Dozens of Patients Wait for ICU Beds As Oklahoma City Hospitals Declare
They've Run Out.

Expect More COVID Mutations, Surges Ahead—WHO Expert.

Beijing Abandons Winter Olympics Ticket Sales Amid Omicron Fears.