Canada gets it right!

a322x1n

Jan 13, 2022, 2:02:00 AM1/13/22
<https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/canada-vaccine-mandate-governement-
says-quebec-s-unvaxxed-tax-leads-to-spike-in-first-dose-appointments/ar-A
ASIkR2?ocid=msedgntp>

<https://tinyurl.com/4usn362e>

Canada vaccine mandate: Governement says Quebec's 'unvaxxed tax' leads
to spike in first dose appointments. By Paula Newton, CNN - Yesterday
10:48 PM.

One day after the Canadian province of Quebec announced it would
financially penalize residents who are unvaccinated, the province's
health minister said Wednesday first-time appointments spiked in the
hours following the announcement.

"It's encouraging!" Quebec's health minister, Christian Dube, tweeted,
indicating that Tuesday's first-dose appointments were the highest in
several days.

The fine for the unvaccinated would not apply to those with a medical
exemption, and no details have been announced, although officials said
the amount to be levied would be "significant."

The Quebec government says that while nearly 90% of eligible Quebecers
have received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, the unvaccinated
remain a burden on the province's public health system.

At a Covid-19 briefing Wednesday, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
said he wouldn't weigh in on whether Quebec's financial penalty for the
unvaccinated was good policy, saying he needed to see further details.

Trudeau underscored that Canada has strict vaccine mandates in place for
airline and train passengers, federal workers, and workplaces regulated
by the federal government.

"And for people who continue to hesitate or to choose not to get
vaccinated, they are losing privileges to do certain things, whether
it's get on a train or a plane, whether it's travel internationally,
whether it's move forward with a job in the public service," said
Trudeau at a news conference Wednesday acknowledging there is continued
debate on how best to incentivize the unvaccinated.

Last week, Quebec, where nearly a quarter of all Canadians live,
announced that residents would have to be vaccinated to buy alcohol or
cannabis. Proof of vaccination is required in order to eat in
restaurants, go to the gym or attend sporting events.

Canadian Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos added that while the new
penalty in Quebec could not violate Canada's health laws, vaccination is
the way out of the pandemic and mandates have been a useful tool in
Canada.

"We have also demonstrated at the federal level that vaccine mandates
work, 99% of public servants, almost 99% of public servants at the
federal level are either fully vaccinated or soon to be fully
vaccinated," Duclos said at a news conference in Ottawa on Wednesday.

Public health officials say the vast majority of patients in Quebec
hospitals remain unvaccinated. Officials have not said how many
hospitalized Covid patients are unvaccinated.

Miloch

Jan 13, 2022, 2:45:16 AM1/13/22
Cucks

*

a322x1n

Jan 13, 2022, 3:49:43 AM1/13/22
Miloch <mem...@newguy.com> wrote in
Canada clearly has a more advanced, clear thinking government than
America ever will. We must learn to follow Canada's example.
All Americans should be vaccinated or be punished until they
do vaccinate. Praise Canada!

a322x1n

Jan 13, 2022, 3:53:12 AM1/13/22
Gregory Carr <gregorycarrit...@gmail.com> wrote in
> I don't like the idea of a tax on the unvaccinated.

Why not? It's the correct thing to do. Canada is more advance and
right thinking than we are and we should strive to be more like
Canada. Praise Canada!!!

Rockinghorse Winner

Jan 13, 2022, 8:19:04 AM1/13/22
What's to prevent them from doing the same thing for say, barbituates or
opitates, or any drug? If they can do it for vaccines, they can do it for
any drug, can't they? Where is the protection of the citizen against their
state in that case?

--

"Many have sought in vain to tell joyously of the Most Joyous. Now at last It
declares Itself to me, now in this misery." - Holderlin

a322x1n

Jan 13, 2022, 11:17:37 AM1/13/22
Rockinghorse Winner <Rockin...@amgen.com> wrote in
The right of the citizen to vote in free and fair elections, and to
remove incumbants from office. That is how citizens protect
themselves in a democracy.

But, you have a point. Red, Republican, conservative states
practice voter suppression and gerrymandering, making a joke
of democracy. We could take more than one lesson from Canada.

Miloch

Jan 13, 2022, 2:41:48 PM1/13/22
Fortunately, you are just a troll who doesn't believe the nonsense you spew.

*

#FuckJoeBiden
*

Rockinghorse Winner

Jan 13, 2022, 8:24:34 PM1/13/22
So, you're saying if a democratically elected govt mandates the taking of
aborition pills for a certain 'at-risk' population, or does the same for
opitates, the citizens would have to comply until another govt is voted in?