Re: Son of former Red Sox star George Scott kills his 8-year-old mulatto boy before taking own life

Dead ho

Jun 3, 2023, 5:07:29 AM6/3/23
Scout <me4gu...@centurylink.removeme.this2.net> wrote in
news:e9XjJ.31982$_Y5....@fx29.iad:

> He killed the mother too. He beat her, raped her, killed her and
> tossed her in a dumpster.

The son of former Red Sox first baseman George Scott allegedly killed his
8-year-old boy before turning the gun on himself in their Massachusetts
home on Friday, officials said.

The tragic murder-suicide scene was discovered by police conducting a
wellness check at 54-year-old George Scott III’s New Bedford home shortly
after 8 a.m., the Boston Globe reported.

Scott and his young son Dante Hazard were found dead inside the house,
Bristol District Attorney Thomas M. Quinn III’s office told the paper
Friday night.

“Mr. Scott, who is believed to have killed the boy before taking his own
life, was living at the Phillips Road home with the boy,” Gregg Miliote, a
DA spokesperson, told The Globe.

Authorities said Scott appeared to have killed his kid with a sharp object
before committing suicide, according to WCVB.

“We are awaiting the medical examiner’s confirmation of these and other
details,” Quinn said in a statement.

Miliote confirmed that Scott is the son of former all-star Red Sox first
baseman George Scott, who spent 9 seasons in Boston in the 1960s and
1970s.

Courtney Colombo, 34, told The Globe she had lived in the house next to
Scott’s home since 2020 with her boyfriend and said he had always been a
friendly neighbor. She said she would sometimes see Dante playing outside.

“I was shocked to hear what happened,” she said. “I was not expecting
this. I just feel bad for the boy, he didn’t deserve any of that.”

Just over two weeks earlier, detectives investigating the disappearance of
the boy’s mother, Lisa Hazard, had searched the home, The Boston Globe
reported. The mother has been missing since March 2019.

Scott had been named a “person of interest” in the missing persons case,
which remains unsolved.

In 2021, Scott launched an NFT collection featuring his late father.

“He was a great guy,” Scott III said of his father.

A former minor league baseball player in the 1990s, Scott had major league
aspirations like his father, he told The Globe in an interview at the
time.

George “Boomer” Scott, who died in 2013, was a three-time all-star and
eight-time gold-glove winner in his 14-year career from 1966 to 1979. He
is a member of the Red Sox Hall of Fame.

Bookem Dano
4 hours ago

The mother was probably too young to remember Nicole Brown Simpson. Or she
just thought she found one who was different from all the rest.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/02/son-of-former-red-sox-george-scott-kills-
son-8-before-taking-own-life/