Book by Bob Greene: "Homecoming: When the Soldiers Returned from Vietnam"

MarcusAurelius

Dec 9, 2023, 3:06:26 PM12/9/23
The following is the URL of the Wikipedia article on the book by Bob Green entitled: "Homecoming: When the Soldiers Returned from Vietnam":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homecoming:_When_the_Soldiers_Returned_from_Vietnam

This Wikipedia article describes the book in detail along with criticism of the same by those who assert that Vietnam Veterans did not receive a hostile reception when they returned to the USA. It appears to me that the great majority of those individuals who stated that Vietnam veterans did not receive a hostile reception upon returning to the USA are Marxist leftists who adamantly supported the victory of the North Vietnamese in the War in Vietnam.
I certainly received a very hostile reception when I returned from Vietnam both personally and overtly and covertly through various forms of discrimination in employment and education.
There are some scholarly articles which assert that this covert discrimination against returning Vietnam veterans caused significant long term damage to returning Vietnam Veterans economically and otherwise.