help with coming out to a stranger

velvetf...@yahoo.com

Jul 23, 2006, 3:03:19 PM7/23/06
to soc-support-yout...@moderators.isc.org
hello everyone. I have a huge problem and need some advice ASAP. I am
20 years old closet gay guy and unfortunately I am one of those quiet
shy type of person who sits on the back of the class and pretends that
no else is around. Ok my story starts this summer upon taking a
language class. During the first week I didn't really notice anyone and
I just stayed in my seat waiting for the class to be over (because it
was horrible thanks to the unorganized proffesor). I intended to drop
the class and suddenly I notice this guy and suddenly I can't stop
looking. Sadly I developed this major crush that I don't really want to
happen. This guy is so hot that describing him with some words is not
enough. But there is a problem, I don't think he is gay. I know that
every gay guy is different. some are feminine and some are masculine.
This guy is very masculine(his clothing, the way he talks and by the
way he walks). Ok I developed this thinking that having a crush on a
straight is big NO NO. So i started avoiding him and not looking at
him. It worked. But suddenly I noticed that somehow he was staring at
me and sometimes makes eye contacts. I also noticed him looking at me
even when I am not even looking at him. I remember a day in class I was
day dreaming about cars while looking at the door and suddenly he
emerged and we got caught in this weird eye contact and of course I was
the first one to look away and I look back and saw him smiling while
looking at the floor. Ok so next week is the end of the class and I
still haven't talk to him (I know it's pathetic). I think I'm crazy for
this guy. I think about him in crazy places like grocery stores, I
dream about him once , I write his name on my notebook, and I even say
his name occasionally. THis is my problem. I really want to tell him
how I really feel but I just don't know how. I am terrified bcause he
may be straight and was just staring at me for another reason. I am
also planning to write him a letter and give it to him at the end of
class but again I can't figure out what to write. Please help. (sorry
for long post)

--
********************** approved by ***************************
Kalev Hunt

Alan Young

Jul 24, 2006, 5:20:51 AM7/24/06
to soc-support-yout...@moderators.isc.org
In article <E1G4iI8-...@richmond.servershost.net>,
<velvetf...@yahoo.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Ok so next week is the end of the class and I
> still haven't talk to him (I know it's pathetic). I think I'm crazy for
> this guy. I think about him in crazy places like grocery stores, I
> dream about him once , I write his name on my notebook, and I even say
> his name occasionally. THis is my problem. I really want to tell him
> how I really feel but I just don't know how. I am terrified bcause he
> may be straight and was just staring at me for another reason. I am
> also planning to write him a letter and give it to him at the end of
> class but again I can't figure out what to write. Please help. (sorry
> for long post)

Well, you could write something like... "It looks like you want to say
something to me, but I'm too shy to ask you what it is."
And be sure to include your phone number and/or email!

--
alan

You cannot reason a person out of a position that he did not reason
himself into to begin with.
--Jonathan Swift

Message has been deleted

velvetf...@yahoo.com

Jul 24, 2006, 8:09:11 PM7/24/06
to soc-support-yout...@moderators.isc.org

> Well, you could write something like... "It looks like you want to say
> something to me, but I'm too shy to ask you what it is."
> And be sure to include your phone number and/or email!
>
> --
> alan

Thanks, I will do it. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Benjamin Prater

Aug 1, 2006, 2:36:39 PM8/1/06
to soc-support-yout...@moderators.isc.org
OK have you ever thought about telling him how you fell in the latter?

<velvetf...@yahoo.com> wrote in message