SSYGLB FAQ (Weekly Autopost)

SSYGLB Moderators

Oct 16, 2006, 3:00:21 AM10/16/06

Table of Contents

1. About this FAQ
1.1 Administrivia
1.2 Credits
2. About the Newsgroup
2.1 What is the purpose of the newsgroup?
2.2 How do I post?
2.2.1 My post hasn't shown up yet!
2.2.2 What languages can I post in?
2.2.3 Can I post anonymously?
2.3 Who can participate?
2.3.1 I'm in my 30s/40s/50s/etc... can I post to ssyglb?
2.4 What is the moderation policy?
2.4.1 I'd like to do research/post a survey about glbtq youth...
2.5 Can I access the group via a mailing list?
2.6 Is the group archived?
3. Resources for sexual minority youth
3.1 I want to get in contact with other queer youth
3.1.1 On the Net
3.1.2 Penpal Services
3.2 I live in "SomeCity" -- where can I go to find support?
3.2.1 Britain
3.2.2 Canada
3.2.3 France
3.2.4 USA
3.2.5 Australia
3.3 What about books?
3.3.1 Pointers to lists of books
3.3.2 Recommended Fiction
3.3.3 Recommended Non-Fiction
3.3.4 How do I get these books?
3.4 What about my parents?
3.5 Organizations specifically dedicated to glbtq youth
4. Other resources for sexual minority youth

1 About this FAQ

This FAQ serves as an introduction and resource guide for the newsgroup
soc.support.youth.gay-lesbian-bi. Please read this document before posting
to the newsgroup.

1.1 Administrivia

The most current copy of this FAQ can always be found at

http://www.ssyglb.org/faq.html

If you have comments, corrections, additions, or things you would like to
see in this FAQ, e-mail Kalev <ka...@pobox.com> and he'll be happy to
change/fix things.

There are quite a few references in this document that have URLs pointing
to the Queer Resource Directory (QRD). To quote from the soc.motss FAQ,
maintained by Stephanie Smith and Greg Havican:

"All files are accessible via email, FTP, gopher, WAIS, and the world wide
web. To receive a copy of the current QRD FAQ file, which includes
instructions for using all of the QRD's many access methods, send mail to
in...@qrd.org. An auto-reply will be generated and mailed back to you
immediately."

This FAQ is copyright © 1995 Jane Patterson/copyright © 1996 by Mary L.
Gray/copyright © 2000 2001 Kalev Hunt and is made available as a service
to the Internet community. It may not be sold in any medium, including
electronic, CD-ROM, or database, packaged with any commercial product, or
published in print, without the explicit, written permission of the
authors.

1.2 Credits

ssyglb would like to thank the following people for their assistance and
contributions to this FAQ: Joe Reilly (the original author of this FAQ),
Harry Rezzemini, the staff of the QRD, DeaconMac, John David Moss, Reid
Fishler, FREE...@maths.bham.ac.uk, glby...@aol.com, David Casti,
Stephanie Smith, Greg Havican, Greg Harma, Matt Black, Andrew Zolli, the
wonderful people at Youth Action Online, Dave Stringer-Calvert, and Mary
Gray.

2 About the newsgroup

2.1 What is the purpose of the newsgroup?

soc.support.youth.gay-lesbian-bi is specifically a support group for
young lesbians, gay men, bisexuals or transgendered persons. Its purpose
is to provide a safe and regulated forum where such persons and their
friends can help each other with support and advice drawn from their own
experiences in coming to terms with their non-mainstream sexuality or
gender identification. The charter of the group
(http://www.ssyglb.org/charter.html) explains the initial conception for
the group.

2.2 How do I post?

At most sites, simply posting a message to the newsgroup in the normal
manner will result in your post being sent to one of the moderators. If
this does not work, you can e-mail your post directly to the moderation
system by writing ssyglb...@ssyglb.net. If you have a question about
posting, or want to know if your post ever got to a moderator, e-mail the
moderators at ssygl...@ssyglb.net.

2.2.1 My post hasn't shown up yet!

Once our moderation system receives your posting, you will receive an
automated receipt message. Once your post is approved, you will receive an
automated message notifying you of its approval. If your post is rejected,
you will receive an e-mail with the text of your post and the reason it
was rejected. However, if you follow the common USENET practice of
"munging" your email address to prevent spam (i.e. giving an invalid
return address), please note that you will not receive any automated
replies fro m our system nor will you receive a rejection notice if your
post is rejected by the moderators. Because this is a moderated newsgroup
run by volunteers, it can take several days for your post to be processed
and, once processed, several days to travel through USENET and reach your
news server. Please be patient and wait a week before contacting the
moderators regarding your posting which did not appear. Keeping in mind
that postings do sometimes get lost in the vast reaches of cyberspace, it
is a good idea to get into the habit of keeping copies of your postings
until you see them appear on ssyglb in case one or more of your postings
is lost in your initial attempt to get it posted.

2.2.2 What languages can I post in?

Though the predominant language on ssyglb is English, we welcome
submissions in languages the current moderators can read. Currently this
includes French and Spanish. Foreign-language submissions will be judged
by the same standards as all other submissions.

2.2.3 Can I post anonymously?

If you put a statement at the top of your message, in BIG, PROMINENT TYPE
asking for your post to be anonymised, we will post it without any
identifying information. (People reading ssyglb will not be able to email
you if you do this, however, so all replies to your posting will have to
be via the newsgroup.) We will not disclose the email address of an
anonymous poster under any circumstances.

However, all submissions MUST contain a valid e-mail address that the
moderators can use to contact the poster. If your message does not contain
a valid return address, it will not only be rejected, but the moderators
will not be able to inform you when and why it was rejected.

As an alternative to having the moderators anonymise your post, you can
sign up for a free, web-based email address such as those available
through Yahoo! (www.yahoo.com), Netscape (www.netscape.com), Hotmail
(www.hotmail.com), etc., to post with. While this will not provide
total anonymity, it will allow posters to hide their actual name and/or
location but still receive replies via email and allow them to develop a
voice of their own rather than being assigned the generic fake email
identity.

2.3 Who can participate?

ssyglb is, as the name implies, a safe space for sexual minority youth. We
invite and encourage people of all ages and orientations to participate if
you feel you have something helpful or constructive to contribute, but
discussion must be youth-specific.

2.3.1 I'm in my 30s/40s/50s/etc... can I post to ssyglb?

We welcome posts from people of all ages in ssyglb, provided that they are
specific to glbtq youth. For instance, if you wish to share your
experiences in the hopes they may benefit younger readers, you are
encouraged to do so.

2.4 What is the moderation policy?

ssyglb is moderated in order to make it a safe forum with little to no
spam or other off-topic messages. Although the ssyglb charter presents
broad guidelines for what type of messages will be rejected, moderation
policy has evolved over the years to ensure that ssyglb is as supportive
and welcoming a space for glbtq youth as possible. To that end, the
charter interpretation as it currently stands is:

* ssyglb rejects ad hominem personal attacks, unnecessary profanity or any
other sort of flaming behavior. Strongly worded disagreements or rebuttals
will not be rejected where they don't cross the line into gratuitous abuse
or four-letter diatribes.

* As a support group, soc.support.youth.gay-lesbian-bi does not operate
under the principle of "equal time." Consequently, under no circumstances
will the moderators approve any messages containing homophobic abuse,
declarations of the supposed immorality, condemnation or blanket judgment
of homosexuality derived from any religious or secular source, or any
other submission which the moderators consider contrary to the mutually
supportive and friendly atmosphere of the group.

* In keeping with the above, the moderators would like to specifically
point out that they are not swayed by arguments citing violation of First
Amendment rights. For one, ssyglb is an international newsgroup not bound
by American law and for another, moderated newsgroups by their very nature
exclude certain types of speech. ssyglb thrives solely based on the fact
that it is moderated and the moderators encourage others with points of
view not suitable for posting on ssyglb to create their own forums
online.

* Off-topic posts will be rejected: ssyglb is a group for gay, lesbian,
bisexual, transgendered, queer, and questioning young people and their
friends and allies to exchange information and support relevant to their
youth and sexuality. Any submission which is not of specific relevance to
lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgendered youth - whether to specific people
or in the abstract - is off-topic for this newsgroup. This includes most
notices of glbtq events and resources unless it is made very clear th at
these pertain to youth.

* Posts without a valid e-mail address attached will be rejected. The
moderators are willing to anonymise messages, or approve posts from
anonymous remailers, but the moderators must be able to contact the person
who sent the post.

* Cross-posted articles will be rejected.

* Binaries or uuencoded files are not allowed on ssyglb. All binaries
should be posted in the binary groups. If you wish to present an image or
other binary file, we recommend you make it available on the web and point
people to the appropriate URL.

* Personal ads are not approved under any circumstances. Requests for
email which do not contain any other content of relevance or interest to
the other readers of the group may be approved at the moderators'
discretion, but any request for email should be:

* Non-sexual in nature. Sexual requests are always rejected whatever form
they take.

* Tagged on to an introduction to the other readers of the group, (a
"demuffining") of sufficient length and detail to make interesting reading
and add to the group atmosphere and dynamic. "Hi, My name's Peter and I'm
19. Does anyone else live in North Carolina? Email me if you do." is a
(fictitious) example of the sort of submission the moderators receive all
the time which adds nothing to the group and says nothing that is likely
to encourage public discussion.

* Requests for information that is in the FAQ are rejected.

* General discussions of gay politics/issues that aren't specifically
youth related aren't appropriate to ssyglb. (soc.motss, soc.bi,
alt.politics.homosexuality, and other forums are more suitable forums.)

The moderators reserve the right to edit approved posts. All personal
snail mail addresses or telephone numbers will be removed from
submissions. The moderators also reserve the right to change their
interpretation of the charter at any time if they deem it necessary to
maintain the integrity of ssyglb or to further the aims of the group.

2.4.1 I'd like to post a survey/do research on queer youth

Articles submitted from researchers, authors, etc. requesting information
for their projects will be approved provided they:

* Exclude questionnaires -- requests for participants are acceptable.

* Introduce themselves to the readership, outlining the significance of
their work to the group.

* Agree to share the relevant findings with the group upon completion of
their projects.

* Agree to respect the rights and privacy of the responses taken from the
group. (Receiving permission from posters for reprints of their comments.)

2.5 Can I get this via a mailing list?

No. There was at one time a mailing list for the group, but it fell into
ill-repair owing to neglect.

2.6 Is there an archive of the group anywhere?

There is no archive of the group kept by the moderators but many
third-party web-based USENET providers such as Google Groups
(http://groups.google.com), among others, maintain USENET archives
where you can find old posts from ssyglb.

Important note: Because the group is archived, you need to be aware
that your posts will be publicly accessible to any of your family
members, friends, current or future employers, etc. As a result, you
might want to think twice before posting to ssyglb if you are worried
about your sexual orientation being revealed to third parties. If you
are concerned, check out the suggestions in Section 2.2.3.

Google Groups honours the "X-No-Archive: yes" header. If you place
this line in your message headers or as the very first line of your
message, Google will not archive your message in their USENET repository.
In addition, you can find out how to remove articles from Google at:
http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/help.html

3 Resources for Sexual Minority Youth

3.1 I want to get in contact with other queer youth

As you will have noted in the moderation policy, we prefer not to accept
posts that are just requests for contact. But there are lots of ways to
get in contact with other queer youth.

3.1.1 On the net

The newsgroup is, of course, a great place to meet people. Get involved in
the discussions, and you should find some new friends fairly quickly. On
Internet Relay Chat, visit the #gayteen channel. There are a large number
of queer-related mailing lists, ranging from Queer Catholics to Bisexual
Theory Discussion. The best list is available from the QRD at
http://www.qrd.org/QRD/electronic/email/lgbt-list-of-lists.html There is a
new list for young women:

from eao...@ea.oac.uci.edu:

GIRL, a list for and about girls, grrrls, young women, lesbian and
feminist youth, "babydykes", "young and angrys"... (female and
approximately 25 and younger).

This list is private and unmoderated: to subscribe, it's mandatory that
you send a brief bio (100 words or more) including your age, interest in
the list, anything about your background, work, experiences or
commitments, and anything else you want the listmembers to know (bios are
posted when your subscription is accepted- you must request otherwise or
this will be done automatically). The list is available in digest form,
request this in your bio if you want this option. To subscribe, send a bio
to: gi...@uci.edu

3.1.2 Penpal services

IGYLO

[Contributed by IGLYO chair Thomas Tichelmann, ay...@torfree.net]
International Lesbian and Gay Youth Organization (IGLYO) has an
international penpal service for anyone under 27. Write to:

IGLYO Main Secretariat
PO Box 542
NL-1000 AM Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Please include a copy of any ID (so we can verify your age and that your
are eligible, the data is protected by the European Data Protection Act),
write a little bit about yourself and what you are looking for. IGLYO will
then get back to you with other participants of the Penpal service. THIS
SERVICE IS FREE OF CHARGE (However donations are welcome)"

Orion

Orion Services operates a glb penpal service, including a special youth
service. Send an SASE to POBox 139, Hagaman, NY, 12086

Alyson Publications

I know that Alyson publications used to have a youth penpal service, but I
can't find any information about it. I would appreciate the details, if
anyone has them.

3.2 I live in SomeCity. Where can I go to find support?

The following are ways of getting information via the Internet about "real
life" resources.

3.2.1 Britain

[Contributed by FREELORN (FREE...@maths.bham.ac.uk)]

I've set up some Resource pages for L/G/B people which include details of
youth groups, safer sex advice, advice/help phone lines, coming out
stories, a shops/pubs/clubs guide and information and links to other
organisations on the Internet. It covers all of Great Britain and Northern
Ireland and more information is always being added. It is accessible at
http://phymat.bham.ac.uk/LGB/ and any articles for submission can be sent
to L...@bham.ac.uk (please specify how anonymous you want the article to
be). I do reserve the right to edit the articles for length and
suitability (arcane British Laws and University restrictions). I'm really
looking for British contributors or contributors that know the British
scene. If you have any questions about submitting then do contact either
L...@bham.ac.uk or free...@maths.bham.ac.uk.

3.2.2 Canada

GayCanada.com is a good starting point for Canadian glbt resources.
QueerAmerica also list Canadian resources.

3.2.3 France

The French QRD is at http://www.casti.com/FQRD/fqrd.html and
http://acacia.ens.fr:8080/home/delmas/fqrd/fqrd.html

3.2.4 USA

The QueerAmerica database exists to find glbtq resources in the U.S.

3.2.5 Australia

The QRD page on Australia at http://www.qrd.org/qrd/world/pacific/australia/
The ALSO Foundation at http://www.also.org.au/

3.3 What about Books?

Books are wonderful resources. They don't talk back, or react in ways you
weren't expecting, and they contain lots and lots of information. I cannot
personally vouch for all the books listed here - they were recommended by
a multitude of people, who have different tastes. Please remember that if
you don't like a book, even if someone else thinks it is the best guide to
coming out (or whatever) ever written, it's just a book, not a holy writ,
and you should make up your own mind about any advice given therein.

3.3.1 Other lists of relevant fiction

Before we get into the recommendations of ssyglb readers, I would like to
recommend the "Alternative Sexualities in Fantasy and SF" list maintained
by M.A. Mohanraj. It is posted occasionally and available on the WWW at
http://mud.bsd.uchicago.edu/~mohanraj/balist.html. At the QRD, try
http://www.qrd.org/QRD/media/books/, or the Lambda Literary Foundation at
http://www.lambdalit.org and another list, compiled by Lambda Rising
Bookstore, is at http://plains.uwyo.edu/~lasaga/lists.html, and yet
another at http://www.armory.com/~web/gaybooks.html

3.3.2 Recommended fiction

The following books have been recommended by readers of ssyglb or soc.motss.
(and I am still taking recommendations :) Most of them are novels about
coming out. Spelling has been cut and pasted from the messages, and is not
guaranteed. Starred entries are endorsed by at least one of the moderators.

* "Ambidextrous: a memoir in the form of a Novel" (Felice Picano)
* "Landscape: Memory" (Matthew Stadler)
* "White People" (a collection of short stories by Alan Garaganus)
* "Funny Boy" (Shyam Selvadurai)
* "Magic's Pawn","Magic's Price", "Magic's Promise" (Mercedes Lackey) *
* "Pagan Babies" (Greg Johnson)
* "Rubyfruit Jungle" (Rita Mae Brown) *
* "Growing Up Gay/Growing Up Lesbian, A Literary Anthology" (edited by
Bennett L. Singer)
* "Tales of the City" (Armistead Maupin) *
* "Half Way Home", "Becoming A Man"[autobiography] (Paul Monette)
* "Surprising Myself" (Christopher Bram)
* "A Home at the End of the World" (Michael Cunningham)
* "River Road" (C. F. Borgman)
* "The Boys on the Rock" (John Fox)
* "The Aerodynamics of Pork" (Patrick Gale)
* "Maurice" (E. M. Forster)
* "A Boy's Own Story" and its sequel "The Beautiful Room is Empty"
(Edmund White)
* "The Best Little Boy in the World" (John Reid)
* "Annie on my Mind" (Nancy Garden)
* "Entries From A Hot Pink Notebook" (Todd D. Brown)
* "Living Upstairs" (Joseph Hansen)
* "A Stranger in the Family" (Terry Sanderson) [British]
* "Empress of the World" (Sara Ryan)
* +"Rainbow Boys" (Alex Sanchez)

3.3.3 Recommended non-fiction

* "Twice Blessed: On Being Lesbian, Gay, and Jewish." (editors, Christie
Balka and Andy Rose) Boston: Beacon Press, 1989. ISBN # 0807079081.
* "Coming Out to Parents: a two-way survival guide for lesbians and gay
men and their parents" (M.V. Borhek) Pilgrim Press, Cleveland,1993.
* "Bi Any Other Name: Bisexual People Speak Out" (Edited by L. Hutchins &
L. Kaahumanu) Alyson Publications, Boston, 1991.
* "Reflections of a Rock Lobster" (Aaron Fricke) [autobiography]
* "Taking A Chance on God" (John J McNeil) [for Catholics]
* +"Two Teenagers in Twenty" Edited by Ann Heron, Alyson Publications
* +"Outing Yourself" Michelangelo Signorile
* "In Your Face: Stories from the Lives of Queer Youth" by our very own
co-moderator, Mary L. Gray!!

3.3.4 How do I get these books?

A queer bookstore, if you can find one, is usually a wonderful place,
where you can find information about support resources in your community
as well as books. If you can't find one or are not ready to go to one yet:

Answer 1: Go to the library.

[Contributed by harry.r...@library.gatech.edu (Harry Rezzemini)]

"An "ISBN" is an International Standard Book Number, by which any
bookstore worthy of that name would be able to order the title for you.
Also, for those inquiring minds...like me...who have little cash to back
up book-buying sprees, I encourage you to use libraries. That's not only
because I work in one--but because I do, I can attempt to reassure you
that by and large, libraries TRY and most often SUCCEED to be safe places
to...explore. One early post to s.s.y.glb mentioned fears about checking
out books on sexuality...well, okay. It's uncomfortable to and that person
across the counter your selections--but know this: libraries have
iron-clad rules (backed up by legal precedent) against telling ANYONE what
you've checked out. That's why when Bozo checks out the only copy of the
book EVERYONE needs for a class...the folks at the front desk CAN'T tell
you who has it. It's against the law. So go check out those uncomfortable
books--consider it practice for BUYING CONDOMS!

Also know that the American Library Association is one of the staunchest
opponents of censorship or book-banning or limiting the unrestricted
access of everyone to information, in any way. That's not to say that
policies may not be in place in your local library which might be
different."

Answer 2: Mail order

Virtually every gay and lesbian book in print (and thousands of out-of-print
titles) can be ordered from Lambda Rising Bookstores:
http://www.lambdarising.com/

3.4 What about my parents?

Coming out to your parents is probably one of the harder things most of us
do in our coming-out process. There is no one easy answer for the "proper"
way to do it -- if you have questions about coming out to your parents,
please ask them on the group, where there is frequently lively discussion
on that very topic. And yes, we'd love to hear your coming out stories. :)
PFLAG (Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) has support groups for
parents of gay children. You can call 202-638-4200 in the U.S. to find a
chapter near your parents. They also have excellent pamphlets about coming
out. You can get more information from Emily Rizzo, a PFLAG member on the
'net. Her e-mail address is Riz...@fasecon.econ.nyu.edu, and she can send
you more information. (Thank you, Emily!) Please note that the 1-800
number is no longer available.

3.5 Organizations specifically dedicated to glbt youth

Youth Action Online (YAO)

[Contributed by lo...@youth.org (The Logging On/Coming Out program at YAO)]

Youth Action Online (YAO) can be found on-line. "We're here to provide a
safe place for queer and questioning youth to be OUT, loud, and themselves
online. We continue our goal to bring queer youth agencies together on the
Net by offering our server and tech consulting to youth and allies
creating a web presence..we'll even help you build the page!! For more
info contact: mlg...@youth.org, project leader for the loco program.

The American Friends and Service Committee (AFSC) Bridges Project

[Contributed by Mary L. Gray (mlg...@youth.org)]

The Bridges Project provides information and referral services to youth
and agencies working to support glbt issues. Bridges also supplies
information packets for a variety of organizational/strategizing
needs. For more information contact bri...@afsc.org. Make sure to check
out the Bridges Homepage at http://www.afsc.org/bridges.htm

Kaleidoscope Youth Coalition, Inc.

[Contributed by Greg Harma (greg...@aol.com)]

Kaleidoscope Youth Coalition is a growing organization whose Mission is to
enrich and foster the positive growth and development of gay, lesbian, and
bisexual youth and transgender youth through education, information,
advocacy, self-empowerment, resource development, collaboration, coalition
building, and community.

Kaleidoscope Youth Coalition is working with a local child-serving agency
to create and implement a 24-hour hotline for young people who are
experiencing issues around sexual orientation or gender
orientation. RAINBOW PRIDE HOTLINE (1-800-291-9190) began July 1, 1994 and
is available for support/crisis intervention and information/referral.

To receive more information or to speak with someone about the ways in
which you or your organization may become involved, please contact us at
614/447-7199 or write to us:

Kaleidoscope Youth Coalition, Inc.
PO Box 8104
Columbus, OH 43201

International Lesbian and Gay Youth Organization

IGLYO's objectives are:

* to improve the lives of young lesbians, gays and bisexuals worldwide
* to bring an end to discrimination
* to support the emancipation of young lesbians, gays and bisexuals
worldwide
* to create equal opportunities for all young people

More information is available from:

IGLYO Main Secretariat
PO Box 542
NL-1000 AM Amsterdam
The Netherlands

IGLYO America
PO Box 42463
Washington DC 20016-0463
USA

IGLYO is a registered non-profit organization in the European Union (based
in Amsterdam) and the USA

4 Other Resources for sexual minorities

Disclaimer: This section does not attempt to cover everything, as that has
been done before, and duplicating the effort would be silly. So what
follows is mostly pointers to large collections of resources.

4.1 USENET

There are several other Usenet groups for sexual minorities. The FAQs for
soc.motss,soc.bi, and soc.support.transgendered are all excellent sources
of information, and can be found in the FAQ archives at rtfm.mit.edu, as
well as in their groups of origin and news.answers.

4.2 Religious resources

Many of us face apparent contradiction or lack of support in our
communities of faith. We can be surprised and relieved to find support
within our religious groups. Please be aware that the following are
Seattle-centric. Please feel free to email me additions in any category
or additions of categories. Many faiths are omitted because I am lacking
information. If you don't see something that addresses you, please post to
the newsgroup to find out where your support is in your community of
faith.

4.2.1 Christian

Many communities house a Metropolitan Community Church, which is a
Christian Church specifically dedicated to serving the sexual minority
Christian Community.

The Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement can be reached on the web and by
snail mail at:

The Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement (LGCM)
Oxford House
Derbyshire Street
London
E2 6HG U.K.

Dignity is a faith community of lesbian, gay, bisexual Catholics, & their
families & friends. We celebrate our inherent dignity with pride in
liturgy, mutual support, seeking justice, common action, & social
activities. Information, including contact information, for Dignity is
available from the QRD at http://www.qrd.org/qrd/religion/orgs/DIGNITY/. A
Dignity listserv (dig...@american.edu) can be subscribed to via
list...@american.edu. Affirmation is a support and social network for
L.D.S. (Mormon) gays & lesbians, their families, & friends. Monthly
meetings & social activities. Outstanding newsletter; nationally
affiliated. (Affirmation/Seattle can be contacted at P.O. Box 23223,
Seattle, WA 98102) Presbyterians for Lesbian and Gay Concerns have their
newsletters available on the web.

There is a queer Christian mailing list - contact
LUTI-...@vector.casti.com for details.

4.2.2 Jewish

Beth El Binah, a queer Jewish congregation in Texas.

4.2.3 Unitarian Universalist

Unitarian Universalism is a liberal, non-dogmatic church that officially
confirmed (in the 1970s) its acceptance of gay and lesbian people. Most UU
ministers will perform committment ceremonies for same-sex couples. A
plethora of information about UUs and queer concerns can be found on the
web.

Recommended Minimum Requirements: 800x600, 65k (16-bit) colour
Content © 1995-2001 ssyglb moderators (ssygl...@ssyglb.net)
Design © 2000 Kalev Hunt (ka...@pobox.com)
Last modified: 2001/11/26