Seeking Young Freelance Author

Amie Barrodale

Jul 26, 2006, 4:06:50 PM7/26/06
to ssyglb...@ssyglb.net

Hi,

I am putting together a feature for the Kids issue of Vice magazine,
and what I am looking for is a young, gay author of between 10 and 13
years in age who can write a thoughtful piece about being a gay kid.
It seems like its not an area that is often explored in the media,
and it suits our issue -- which is going to be written mostly by kids.

I'd really like to get in touch with someone very soon, as we close
on Friday. The author would not have to use his or her own name, and,
if he or she weren't comfortable composing a piece entirely alone, I
could possibly talk him or her through it, and then we could present
the final piece much like those you see in the Lives section on the
back page of the New York Times. (Where a story will be "by THE
AUTHOR, as told to THE REPORTER."

Best regards,
Amie

And please, feel free to send this email to any parents, teachers, or
activists, all of whom are welcome to call me or write with any
questions or concerns. My number is [removed per newsgroup guidelines]

--
Kalev Hunt

hey.G...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2006, 6:25:41 AM8/22/06
to soc-support-yout...@moderators.isc.org
i really don't think there are very many 10-13 year-olds who call
themselves "gay". One usually doesn't even understand their physical
attractions at that young an age. Such a decision is made a little
later on down the line, in my opinion.