`Re: Q: Cost of non-standard surgery??

sbrsct

Mar 6, 2004, 11:12:22 AM3/6/04
ta-...@nonaddress.edu (dreamer) wrote:

>Medical testing, including an ultrasound and a recent endoscopy,
>have shown a sort of internal passageway inside of me, which is
>really conveniently in exactly the right position to be used as
>a neo-vagina. Almost. I'd still need a surgeon to slice open the
>entrance and perform a labiaplasty, and the usual penile-nerves
>into clitoris conversion.

It would be a little more intricate than to just "slice open" anything
other than an orange or grapefruit. ;) Are you intersexed? If so,
what you may have is nothing more than a residual canal. If you can't
put at least a number 18 dilator in there it will serve you no useful
function.

>It seems as though this should be cheaper than the standard srs,
>because they'd be doing less. And recovery being a lot easier. So
>maybe there's a good chance I could afford it. But would it be
>very much less? And which surgeons would be willing?

That is something you would have to discuss with a surgeon.

>My insurance is unwilling to act, my pcp called the whole matter
>"unimportant", even though I'm being driven nuts from alternating
>pain/itchiness and brief twitches of intense pleasure. There's no
>easy way in ... Things weren't nearly as sensitive before they put
>the camera in there. Hrt doesn't seem to help the situation, either.

Insurance is not going to pay for a surgery if the surgeon doesn't put
in a claim. If he or she does and still gets a rejection you might
have to pay out of pocket. The sensations you feel may be a result of
an infection. you should see a doctor about it soon.

>There's some of the better and more knowledgable folks of times past
>still here, apparently. Any answers would be highly appreciated. Dr
>Brassard's office never actually replied to answer my question. Isna
>replied w/o saying much.

The question you are asking is not about normal SRS or GRS procedure.
The only way you will get any satisfaction would be to setup a
consultation with an SRS or GRS surgeon and let him or her tell you
what he or she feels would be your best course of action...other than
that, you are just treading water.

dreamer

Mar 6, 2004, 11:56:21 AM3/6/04
On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 16:12:22 UTC, sbr...@yahoo.ca (sbrsct) wrote:

> ta-...@nonaddress.edu (dreamer) wrote:
>
> >Medical testing, including an ultrasound and a recent endoscopy,
> >have shown a sort of internal passageway inside of me, which is
> >really conveniently in exactly the right position to be used as
> >a neo-vagina. Almost. I'd still need a surgeon to slice open the
> >entrance and perform a labiaplasty, and the usual penile-nerves
> >into clitoris conversion.
>
> It would be a little more intricate than to just "slice open" anything
> other than an orange or grapefruit. ;) Are you intersexed? If so,
> what you may have is nothing more than a residual canal. If you can't
> put at least a number 18 dilator in there it will serve you no useful
> function.

Approx 7-8 inches long, 3/4 inch diameter (plus/minus). Came to 1/2 inch
of outside. The tissue that's blocking it feels (to me) like soft cartilage.

How large is a number 18 dilator?

> >It seems as though this should be cheaper than the standard srs,
> >because they'd be doing less. And recovery being a lot easier. So
> >maybe there's a good chance I could afford it. But would it be
> >very much less? And which surgeons would be willing?
>
> That is something you would have to discuss with a surgeon.
>
> >My insurance is unwilling to act, my pcp called the whole matter
> >"unimportant", even though I'm being driven nuts from alternating
> >pain/itchiness and brief twitches of intense pleasure. There's no
> >easy way in ... Things weren't nearly as sensitive before they put
> >the camera in there. Hrt doesn't seem to help the situation, either.
>
> Insurance is not going to pay for a surgery if the surgeon doesn't put
> in a claim. If he or she does and still gets a rejection you might
> have to pay out of pocket. The sensations you feel may be a result of
> an infection. you should see a doctor about it soon.

I did. All things related to this are apparently extremely unimportant.
I was told to come back in 5 months for a checkup.

> >There's some of the better and more knowledgable folks of times past
> >still here, apparently. Any answers would be highly appreciated. Dr
> >Brassard's office never actually replied to answer my question. Isna
> >replied w/o saying much.
>
> The question you are asking is not about normal SRS or GRS procedure.
> The only way you will get any satisfaction would be to setup a
> consultation with an SRS or GRS surgeon and let him or her tell you
> what he or she feels would be your best course of action...other than
> that, you are just treading water.

That was one of the questions, who would be willing? How much is a
consultation? Hopefully I wouldn't have to come up with a very large
amount in order to find out if I can and how much it will be.

Thankyou for the reply.