Re: Lia Thomas appropriates women

KWills

Mar 20, 2022, 8:49:50 AM3/20/22
On Sat, 19 Mar 2022 19:29:34 -0700, BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <46.66.4641...@br.mta1vrest.cc.prd.sparkpost>,
> "Matt Walsh" <matt....@mail.dailywire.com> wrote:
>
>> That happened 4 minutes and 33 seconds later, when Thomas finished in a
>> comfortable first place, setting a program record in the process. I
>> wish I could say that the room fell quiet or that boos rained down upon
>> Thomas when he completed the act of stealing the gold medal, but that's
>> not what happened. The crowd cheered while the announcers made sure to
>> respect his pronouns.
>>
>> https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1504608440219582471
>>
>> ESPN interviewed the pseudo-winner Thomas after the race. The interview
>> is only interesting because the person conducting it is an actual
>> woman. If the full absurdity of this situation hadn't yet dawned on
>> you, the contrast between Thomas and the actual female standing next to
>> him should do the trick.
>>
>> https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1504614031688192008
>>
>> Not that it makes a difference really, but you can't help but see a
>> certain added arrogance in the fact that Thomas isn't making any effort
>> at all to sound or appear womanly. He's simply just a man, who looks
>> and sounds very much like a man, accepted as a woman because he
>> declared himself to be so. No additional steps required. It reminds me
>> of the scene from The Office when Michael Scott tries to declare
>> bankruptcy by simply shouting "I declare bankruptcy!"
>
>Even other trannys are disgusted by this nonsense.
>
>https://twitter.com/MsBlaireWhite/status/1504833125268041728?s=20&t=r4hyq
>ezM3nbmv_EAW8LFfg
>
>"Do not underestimate the amount of justified contempt this creates for
>the trans movement.
>
>I'm trans and this pisses me off- I can only imagine how the rest of the
>world feels."
>
>--Blaire White

Nobody is 'trans'. Nobody has ever successfully managed to change sex
without a full DNA transplant.

> [...]
>> but here, the science remains unsettled.
>
>LOL! No, it really isn't unsettled. Not even a little bit.
>
>> No one arguing the issue really wants to admit it-- when is
>> the last time you heard a doctor or any other expert say the
>> words, "I don't know"? But we don't know.
>
>Yeah, we do. We really do.
>
>> Therefore, to exclude trans athletes from elite competition,
>> out of our own constricting fears and uncertainty, is wrong,
>> harmfully so."
>>
>> The science remains unsettled, she says. No, her brain is unsettled. At
>> least it isn't settled anywhere in her head. It's off vacationing in
>> Fiji and she's writing her columns without it. As for the topic of
>> human sex, there is nothing unsettled. Indeed, the biological
>> distinction between male and female is just about the most settled
>> scientific fact in existence.
>
>Only gravity seems a more certain theory.
>
>> This is settled: Thomas is not a female and will never be one. He is a
>> man, a male, with XY chromosomes, a male anatomy (as the women who've
>> seen him in the locker room have attested), and male gametes. But there
>> is a lot more to being a male than just that. The physical differences
>> between men and women are not confined to the reproductive system. They
>> can be found in every part of the body. Lia Thomas, like any male, is
>> male down to his bones, down to his cells, down to his DNA. As I
>> explained in my speech at Georgia Tech earlier in the week, when Thomas
>> dies and is buried beneath a giant monument celebrating him as
>> history's greatest female athlete, 100 years hence he could be
>> excavated and his bones analyzed and scientists will be very confused
>> to discover that the greatest female athlete is a male. His bones will
>> attest to the biological reality. The DNA will not declare his
>> pronouns or affirm his self-perception. There will be no self. The
>> self is gone. But the man remains.
>>
>> It also just so happens that many of these biological differences give
>> him a distinct advantage over women in sports, especially swimming.
>> When he got in the pool, he was swimming against people with 20% less
>> muscle mass on average, 40% less upper body strength, 33% less lower
>> body strength, as well as smaller fast-twitch muscle fibers,
>> smaller lungs, smaller hearts, shorter legs, more estrogen and less
>> testosterone, and a lower capacity to produce oxygen when they exert
>> themselves. The list goes on and on, and on, and on some more. The side
>> of sanity-- the side opposite Lia Thomas and Sally Jenkins-- could not
>> be more firmly planted in reality, could not be more vindicated by the
>> evidence.
>
>But all of that must be denied. They gaslight us into telling us these
>biological and physical and scientific realities that we've seen and
>known throughout human history are at best illusions and we must deny
>what we can see with our own eyes to be true in favor of the fantasy

When you create an artificial and redundant 'gender' distinction
between men and women, absurdities like this are bound to happen.
Sports have always been segregated on the basis of biological sex and
for good reason. If you start allowing female impersonators to
participate in women's sports the whole thing becomes pointless.

William 'Lia' Thomas is simply delusional. 'Gender' appropriation is
no better than cultural (race) appropriation.
--
KWills
counselor.