Why am I lonely?

Cadillac

Mar 30, 2004, 6:16:57 AM3/30/04
It's true that I've been picked on practically all of my life, but I
guess what doesn't kill ya makes you stronger; but it can also cause
you to have a disposition. Getting bullied can turn you into a bully.
I used to have a bad temper, but I got a handle on it & it hasn't
caused me any hardship since. I've got more nicknames than a
read-headed step-child wearing glasses could have, but I keep the
faith. It's not that I'm not unattractive. It's just that I'm
surrounded by "haters". It's like people are influenced by a negative
principality---stigmatic entity that doesn't want you to succeed or be
happy.

Right now, I'm experiencing celibacy. I guess, for reasons of my own,
I've accepted this choice because I refuse to settle for less. Don't
get me wrong, you won't see me at the Hilton with some movie star
chick, but if you do see me, you'll see me with some one who has
class: a "lady"----someone who has morals & possesses all the
intangibles:

A) Proper Etiquette
B) Dignity
C) Hospitable
D) Down-to-Earth

I think the biggest reason that I'm alone is that the media plays such
a major role in self-image, self-expression, and mainstream idealism
that a woman's expectations of what she wants out of a man are
unsurmountable, when the man assess it all, and realizes that they are
only obtainable by one of two ways:

1) Good genes---flawless or gorgeous in your own sort of way... OR
2) Money--------cosmetic surgey & body augmentations

Why do people fall that crap? The fact remains that, even IF you are
NOW flawless--due to your economical privileges, your offspring are
still going to inherit the same flaw that you had, when you were in
"shell" over "x" amount of years ago. Love yourselves, people.

Loneliness, its like a conspiracy in my geographic region. Every
place I go, every time I turn around, & even when I go to work,
EVERYBODY is in a relationship, except me! People treat you
different, when they quickly realize: "He's alone. He doesn't have a
girlfriend... I never see anyone with him, ever!". For those of you
that are experiencing these same occurrences in your life, keep the
faith! Keep the faith because good things come to those who wait.

.- SOC.SUPPORT.LONELINESS: Moderated group for providing mutual support to -.
| people who feel alone. Flames, ads, tests & personal ads not accepted. |
| Users can contact the Moderators directly at ssl-r...@usenet.net.nz. |
`--------------= SSL Homepage - http://www.usenet.net.nz/ssl =--------------'

Judy

Apr 9, 2004, 6:16:52 AM4/9/04
bo...@snpco.com (Cadillac) wrote in message

> Loneliness, its like a conspiracy in my geographic region. Every
> place I go, every time I turn around, & even when I go to work,
> EVERYBODY is in a relationship, except me! People treat you
> different, when they quickly realize: "He's alone. He doesn't have a
> girlfriend... I never see anyone with him, ever!". For those of you
> that are experiencing these same occurrences in your life, keep the
> faith! Keep the faith because good things come to those who wait.

FYI... Just because someone is in a relationship doesn't mean that
they aren't lonely. I've been married for 13 yrs to a man who is
decent. But he's very closed off and asexual. And I am EXTREMELY
lonely! Having someone isn't the answer. I was less lonely when I
was alone. Never confuse being lonely with being alone. If you have
friends and family consider yourself blessed. Many times once you
become engaged in a relationship you lose contact with those you were
close to before. A relationship isn't the answer. Not that I know what
the answer is... I just know that that isn't it.

Cadillac

Apr 19, 2004, 5:58:29 PM4/19/04
tepid...@yahoo.com (Judy) wrote in message

> bo...@snpco.com (Cadillac) wrote in message
> >
> > Loneliness, its like a conspiracy in my geographic region. Every
> > place I go, every time I turn around, & even when I go to work,
> > EVERYBODY is in a relationship, except me! People treat you
> > different, when they quickly realize: "He's alone. He doesn't have a
> > girlfriend... I never see anyone with him, ever!". For those of you
> > that are experiencing these same occurrences in your life, keep the
> > faith! Keep the faith because good things come to those who wait.
> >

> FYI... Just because someone is in a relationship doesn't mean that
> they aren't lonely. I've been married for 13 yrs to a man who is
> decent. But he's very closed off and asexual. And I am EXTREMELY
> lonely! Having someone isn't the answer. I was less lonely when I
> was alone. Never confuse being lonely with being alone. If you have
> friends and family consider yourself blessed. Many times once you
> become engaged in a relationship you lose contact with those you were
> close to before. A relationship isn't the answer. Not that I know what
> the answer is... I just know that that isn't it.

I understand your point, and truly appreciate your feedback, but you
said it all, when you said, "He's very closed off and asexual". It
might be safe to say that your husband is a catalyst of your
loneliness. He's there, yet his not there for you.

True or False? Having someone, for the sake of having someone, for
the sake of acknowledging the fact that your situation paints the
picture of a "nuclear family", False. For a person who is on the
outside looking in, this view could be deemed as biased. I don't
disagree, as to say, on the grounds that I don't respect your point,
that I don't respect you as a person, that I wouldn't help you change
your flat tire, or that I wouldn't rescue you from a mugger. What I'm
saying is that, as a friend, I'm saying that certain considerations
need to SERIOUSLY be evaluated, before making the conscience decision
to get married. Sometimes, infatuation or money can blind us of how
we TRULY feel about a person.

Like me, personally, I wouldn't marry a woman who waived the option to
have children and had that particular procedure performed, to prohibit
such. Why? Because as a planet, specifically as a nation, we do not
have the technology to confidently reverse this procedure; given that
the operation was performed---say 10yrs ago. I love kids, and I'd
like to experience raising my own children. Maybe, in the next 10yrs,
I'll change my mind. Now, if your husbands actions were totally
different 13yrs ago (socialably/sexually), then you might want to get
some professional counciling.

I'm still lonely, but see, my thing is that I'm not self-centered. I
almost got lucky, as far as total committement is concerned----early
in the month, but the dreaded thorn of "he-said, she-said" pricked and
deflated the relationship. Please pray for me. Thank you Judy for
listening, and I'll pray that your husband embelishes the amount of
affection, treatment, and attention that you deserve; not just your
husband, but for all that apply. You know who they are. Thanks,
again.

Judy

Apr 21, 2004, 1:32:49 PM4/21/04
bo...@snpco.com (Cadillac) wrote:

> I understand your point, and truly appreciate your feedback, but you
> said it all, when you said, "He's very closed off and asexual". It
> might be safe to say that your husband is a catalyst of your
> loneliness. He's there, yet his not there for you.

I was simply sharing my point of view. I believe that my loneliness
starts in me. Yes, I'm lonely in part because of him. But he's not
the entire cause. Maybe if I were a stronger person his lack of
interest wouldn't be so hurtful.

> True or False? Having someone, for the sake of having someone, for
> the sake of acknowledging the fact that your situation paints the
> picture of a "nuclear family", False. For a person who is on the
> outside looking in, this view could be deemed as biased. I don't
> disagree, as to say, on the grounds that I don't respect your point,
> that I don't respect you as a person, that I wouldn't help you change
> your flat tire, or that I wouldn't rescue you from a mugger. What I'm
> saying is that, as a friend, I'm saying that certain considerations
> need to SERIOUSLY be evaluated, before making the conscience decision
> to get married. Sometimes, infatuation or money can blind us of how
> we TRULY feel about a person.

I'm lost here. Do I know you? I'm not sure what your point is. Of
course infatuation, money, or any number of things can blind us
towards how we feel about someone. Most people are infatuated with
each other at the start of a relationship. Only through time do
people truly get to know each other. That's true in friendships, work
relationships, and last but not least marriage partners.

> Like me, personally, I wouldn't marry a woman who waived the option to
> have children and had that particular procedure performed, to prohibit
> such. Why? Because as a planet, specifically as a nation, we do not
> have the technology to confidently reverse this procedure; given that
> the operation was performed---say 10yrs ago. I love kids, and I'd
> like to experience raising my own children. Maybe, in the next 10yrs,
> I'll change my mind. Now, if your husbands actions were totally
> different 13yrs ago (socialably/sexually), then you might want to get
> some professional counciling.

And those two things are related how?

> I'm still lonely, but see, my thing is that I'm not self-centered.

Neither am I. Where did that come from?

> ...and I'll pray that your husband embelishes the amount of

> affection, treatment, and attention that you deserve; not just your
> husband, but for all that apply. You know who they are.

I'm lost again... No, I don't know who "they" are. Would you care to
enlighten me?

Message has been deleted