Checking in, what's everyone else up to?

1 view

JeanC

Dec 5, 2006, 1:34:29 PM12/5/06
Been a busy semester, took a 400 level class that was both interesting
and frustrating. I should have taken a lower level class to jump back
into academia after a 10 year break from it :P

I've really gotten into photos and videos on Flickr and YouTube big
time. Meeting lots of neat folk on those sites. Driving my hubby nuts
with computer problems since I insist on trying to process my vids on
my computer, which doesn't really have the capacity to do so LOL. I'm
also driving the kitties nuts since I chase them all over the hosue
with my cameras to get pics and vids of them being cute :D

Getting my house decorated for the holidays, still need to get a tree.
Last couple of years we've been getting them from the boy scouts up in
Potlatch. They go out in the woods and cut down trees on forest circus
land and then sell them. I get some of the best Charlie Brown trees
thru them.

Still recouping form the crud I caught a couple weeks ago. There's been
a nasty bug rolling thru campus and I finally succumbed. Most of it was
asy to get over, now I just have the cough and it is gettign annoying
and painful,. Making it danged difficult to sleep thru the night when
you spend half of it coughing one's lungs out :(

Still blogging, both Flickr and YouTube help with content. Am working
on a food/cooking blog and hopefully soon will have short how to
cooking vids posted.

---
Jean C
"To lose confidence in one's body is to lose confidence in oneself"
Simone de Beauvoir
JeanC's Cat House and Shooting Society
http://jeancscathouseandshootingsociety.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeanc/
http://www.youtube.com/JeanCsCatHouse
http://www.uidaho.edu/~bjcraw/

Robin King

Dec 9, 2006, 4:24:14 PM12/9/06
"JeanC" <jea...@gmail.com> wrote in message

| Still recouping form the crud I caught a couple weeks ago. There's
been
| a nasty bug rolling thru campus and I finally succumbed. Most of it
was
| asy to get over, now I just have the cough and it is gettign
annoying
| and painful,. Making it danged difficult to sleep thru the night
when
| you spend half of it coughing one's lungs out :(

Sometimes I get that vicious-cough-at-tail-end-of-cold
problem. While cough medicine helps with the immediate
symptoms, an asthma inhaler can shorten the duration of the
cough. Considering I don't have asthma, I'd never have thought
of this on my own, but a doctor suggested it to me once and it
really worked for me.

Robin

| Jean C

JeanC

Dec 10, 2006, 8:43:10 PM12/10/06

Robin King wrote:
> "JeanC" <jea...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> | and painful,. Making it danged difficult to sleep thru the night
> when
> | you spend half of it coughing one's lungs out :(
> |
> Sometimes I get that vicious-cough-at-tail-end-of-cold
> problem. While cough medicine helps with the immediate
> symptoms, an asthma inhaler can shorten the duration of the
> cough. Considering I don't have asthma, I'd never have thought
> of this on my own, but a doctor suggested it to me once and it
> really worked for me.

Thanks for the reminder. I went D'OH!!! and grabbed my inhaler I've
been ignoring on the bookcase :P I haven't had need of it in a long
while and spaced that it helps when I have problems with nothing
breaking loose when I cough. Been breathing better all afternoon, tho
hubby wasn't sure I was going to live when things broke loose after I
took the hit hehehehehehe.

Jean C

Serene

Dec 11, 2006, 1:56:43 PM12/11/06
On 5 Dec 2006 10:34:29 -0800, "JeanC" <jea...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Been a busy semester, took a 400 level class that was both interesting
>and frustrating. I should have taken a lower level class to jump back
>into academia after a 10 year break from it :P

That's a lot to deal with. Hope you've recovered from the strain.

I've been enjoying life lately, though there's been a lot of stress.
Lost my day job, and I'm working on getting my copyediting practice up
to a place where I can afford to stay home and do that full-time.
Meanwhile, I temp at UC Berkeley on and off, and spend time in my cute
apartment with my cute partners.

Oh, and I learned to bake bread, and to knit, so I feel all useful and
creative lately, and that's nice.

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com